Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Thanks, friend. I’ll probably be banned soon, so.... the ceiling thread was about to get far more interesting, too. Oh well.

I suspect there’s a few more members that share your sentiments. Some good members have left this forum over the past few years due to some swaggering mods.
Hey, maybe I’ll get a vacation too! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
And FWIW, Lynn threw the first stone. It was quoted. Not sure why it was thrown or what it was in reference to when it was posted. ya dont get to whine about being a victim and insite an us vs. Them mentality in an otherwise friendly and entertaining thread without some sort of response....uh DUH. if anyone wants to take a self imposed vacation, feel free! Just hit that little red x up top on the right if not being an a****** is just too hard. Otherwise, how about lets just be respectful to eachother whether or not we agree and not try to start s#@% and cry about the results. If you have a question about a decision that was made feel free to PM. We're just people, doing the best we can with what we have. Jeeze. Smh.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,965 (Edited)
And FWIW, Lynn threw the first stone. It was quoted. Not sure why it was thrown or what it was in reference to when it was posted. ya dont get to whine about being a victim and insite an us vs. Them mentality in an otherwise friendly and entertaining thread without some sort of response....uh DUH. if anyone wants to take a self imposed vacation, feel free! Just hit that little red x up top on the right if not being an a****** is just too hard. Otherwise, how about lets just be respectful to eachother whether or not we agree and not try to start s#@% and cry about the results. If you have a question about a decision that was made feel free to PM. We're just people, doing the best we can with what we have. Jeeze. Smh.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I find it hard to believe that the mods have no idea what prompted my two word post. It came directly after my CA thread was deleted.

No LPC, I didn't whine about the action, or question its deletion. We all know it would've been a waste of time to question a mod decision.

I don't perpetuate an us vs. them mentality, that's already being done by others.

As far as being respectful, maybe you should practice what you preach.

In your post alone you've implied that I whined about something that you claim is baseless, implied that I'm dumb, (duh), pretty sure you called me an asshole and a crybaby. What you've tried to do here is paint me with broad strokes of being difficult. I doubt that most who read my post would find it whiny or dumb.

For several months now, I've tried to do as Wolf suggests frequently, to hit the ignore button on certain people. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with mods. So instead, I try to have as little interaction with you and Wolf as possible.

However, if I'm to be singled out by having threads that broke no rules deleted and snide comments slung my way, I won't be passive.

Edit- I won’t forget how respectful you were to CA in the thread that got deleted, either.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
In this community members are expected to treat each other with respect at all times.

There will always be disagreements and fusses between members. It is simply human nature. We truly encourage members to discuss and openly share their thoughts on a topic. It is how we all learn and life would be pretty boring if we all felt the same way.

That being said, this is not grade school. We don't gang up in little groups to take sides or encourage others to do the same.

If you were at a local get together and got into a disagreement with someone, I am guessing you would take it outside instead of ruining the party for everyone. I expect the same here.

If you are not able to discuss a topic respectfully then you need to remove yourself from the topic. If you are unable to discuss a topic with a specific member then you need to choose to ignore that member or take the discussion off the boards. If you are unable to do either of these things, I will help you to do so.
Life is way too short to get caught up in fussin' and fightin'.

It's not fair to anyone, especially others not involved who have to listen to it.

Take a moment to think of about all the things you are thankful for, like the fact that it won't be long now until it is camping season in Texas again.

coffeetime.jpg

What are you thankful for today?

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Ommmmmmmm.......Ommmmmmmm.....Ommmmmmmm.

Reactions: jennifertemple

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts
It's been over a year since I've hung wallpaper, so I don't check in here much anymore. I've been participating in an artist and photographic site that does comic strip challenges.

Putting your foot in your mouth is a common occurrence on the internet so one of my comics is autobiographical.

You'd have to read it from the beginning in order to understand why the lamp talks to me but I think it stands on its own pretty much.

Reactions: slinger58

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,973
If i can abide by the rules, anyone can! Think of that!
I don't get it...
Haha

It's been over a year since I've hung wallpaper, so I don't check in here much anymore. I've been participating in an artist and photographic site that does comic strip challenges.

Putting your foot in your mouth is a common occurrence on the internet so one of my comics is autobiographical.

You'd have to read it from the beginning in order to understand why the lamp talks to me but I think it stands on its own pretty much.

Cool. A friend of mine posted this on FB recently, you might like it:

https://medium.com/flakphoto-projects/10-midwest-photographers-you-should-follow-a25bc9944050

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
yeah....so, i’ve always described myself as a fake painter. A fake person i’m not ,so not sure what you’re getting at.

My post came from a dictionary source, too!!!

View attachment 102401

if you’d like to continue in lobbing personal attacks at me, i can report your post to admin, just like i did when a certain mod here attacked ca.

Too late- reported to cricket
oh no!!!!

Lmao!!!

Whatever....

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
[comment violates our community rules and has been removed]

Printed by Cricket:
In this community members are expected to treat each other with respect at all times.

There will always be disagreements and fusses between members. It is simply human nature. We truly encourage members to discuss and openly share their thoughts on a topic. It is how we all learn and life would be pretty boring if we all felt the same way.

That being said, this is not grade school. We don't gang up in little groups to take sides or encourage others to do the same.

If you were at a local get together and got into a disagreement with someone, I am guessing you would take it outside instead of ruining the party for everyone. I expect the same here.

If you are not able to discuss a topic respectfully then you need to remove yourself from the topic. If you are unable to discuss a topic with a specific member then you need to choose to ignore that member or take the discussion off the boards. If you are unable to do either of these things, I will help you to do so.
Life is way too short to get caught up in fussin' and fightin'.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
Lynn here's the deal and then I'm done in regards to this and I hope you would be also.

There are a few here that aren't worth my time to ban, even if it takes less than 30 seconds to do so. But, sooner or later they all cross the line. And, I imagine the other Mods will see it before I do and take the appropriate actions.

If you are so unhappy and feel that your either being picked on or the eternal victim here, may I suggest perhaps finding another place to become a member of. I would say the same to others who aren't happy or like the moderating here. I'm sure there are different internet venues that would welcome you and the others with open arms.

You have some amazing and awesome talents as a faux paint professional. It's just too bad there are other things you feel you have to share or deal with.

And that's it.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,980
Lynn here's the deal and then I'm done in regards to this and I hope you would be also.
Oh, I was done with this yesterday....as noted by my last post yesterday. I believe you chose to keep it going this morning.
As for the rest of your comments, I’ll keep my thoughts to myself. Have a great remainder of your weekend.

2961 - 2980 of 3923 Posts