Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 3923 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
See how this works? Apparently some don't understand the term "that's it".

It is. It will be. And that is how it will remain.

I would hope we don't press the issue.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have 3 camping trips coming up this fall and winter.

I can barely wait.
I just spent a week at the Bay of Fundy camping...was off the grid the entire time. It was incredibly peaceful and totally relaxing. Get to work this week in temps that are almost blood boiling. Heat index over 100. I need to go camping again.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
Went to Wichita for what was supposed to be a one day trip there and back. Left Friday nite at 7:30pm so I could be back Saturday about 3:00pm. Everything that could have gone wrong on picking up the vehicle did. Got back home at 7:30 this morning. Had to stop at Wally World to get a change of clothes and personal hygiene stuff.

I did learn that even if you're about 6' to 6'2" and probably a good 260 lbs, you can be really fast and jump over tall objects when you lift up an old tire and there's a 3' bull snake under it. I just stood there and shook my head. Told him no one ever died from getting "bit" by a bull snake. The only thing that would've killed him was tripping over all the metal junk he had laying around and busting his neck. Couldn't meet a nicer guy though.

The heat and humidity has been bad around here. Hot temps by themselves are fine up to a certain point. Add in high humidity and that'll take it's toll on me every time when there's no breeze or wind.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
It’s the smokey skies that have been bad around here. Add in temps in the high nineties and it makes for a rather unpleasant daily routine. Cooling down a bit now and might even get a bit of rain here in the valley. Taking our camp trailer and heading to the Oregon coast this week for four nights. Will probably rain all week.

Reactions: lilpaintchic

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I slept on my back porch Saturday night. Does that count as camping?

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
It’s the smokey skies that have been bad around here. Add in temps in the high nineties and it makes for a rather unpleasant daily routine. Cooling down a bit now and might even get a bit of rain here in the valley. Taking our camp trailer and heading to the Oregon coast this week for four nights. Will probably rain all week.
Same here....the rain,or at least the threat of it, is a nice reprieve though. We need a good scrubbin! Its been a long,hot, dusty summer...bring on the green.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I just read that Taco Bell is the #1 rated Mexican restaurant in the US for the tenth straight year. Kind of puts that whole Behr/Consumer Reports thing into perspective doesn't it?

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
I just read that Taco Bell is the #1 rated Mexican restaurant in the US for the tenth straight year. Kind of puts that whole Behr/Consumer Reports thing into perspective doesn't it?

Wow. That's surprising. I've sort of eaten there once. The food was so salty and basically gross that I couldn't eat more than a few mouth fulls. It's a very, very rare day that I can't finish a meal.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Sightseeing in NYC and I’ve come to the conclusion that if you took away the horns from the cars traveling around Manhattan and traffic would come to a screeching halt. Drivers here use their horns more than I do my steering wheel when I’m driving back home.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Just one of 12 million reasons I won't be going to NYC in my or anybody else's lifetime.

I cringed when my wife suggested a few weekends ago that we go to the closest city to us with a population of 21K. I survived it though. I've been in big cities, but I honestly don't think I could do NYC. Don't get me wrong. Beautiful place.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
I cringed when my wife suggested a few weekends ago that we go to the closest city to us with a population of 21K. I survived it though. I've been in big cities, but I honestly don't think I could do NYC. Don't get me wrong. Beautiful place.
Not sure I would use the word “beautiful” to describe NYC. Interesting would be more apt IMO. Lot’s of neat buildings and landmarks worth seeing but the area of Manhattan proper, where we are (think Times Square, 34th St., Broadway, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, etc), is noisy, dirty, and smelly. I like seeing it all (sort of a bucket list thing) but unlikely to ever return.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
On the other hand, we are becoming convinced that the myth about NYers being surly and unfriendly is just that - a myth. All of the cabbies, the people in restaurants, hotel staff, heck, even the cops, have been more than friendly and helpful. Of course, it’s part of the job description for some of those to have relatively decent people skills - but that doesn’t mean they will necessarily display them.

Reactions: Brushman4

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
On the other hand, we are becoming convinced that the myth about NYers being surly and unfriendly is just that - a myth. All of the cabbies, the people in restaurants, hotel staff, heck, even the cops, have been more than friendly and helpful. Of course, it’s part of the job description for some of those to have relatively decent people skills - but that doesn’t mean they will necessarily display them.
I have found through my travels that native New Yorkers are quite easy to get along with if you aren't a f*cking idiot. A lot easier than native angelinos to be honest with you.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
My cousin has lived in NYC for over 25 years, and I've visited a few times. It's a blast if you have a local to guide you.
Only way i would go would be if i could spend a few weeks and have a local show me around. Other than that i would just rather go to Disney World.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
I have found through my travels that native New Yorkers are quite easy to get along with if you aren't a f*cking idiot. A lot easier than native angelinos to be honest with you.
It’s actually the other tourists that are the PITA’s, especially the younger ones who are obsessed with their cell phones (and at the risk of sounding racist, usually from Asian countries). Walking along when suddenly they stop to look at something on their screen and everyone behind them has to screech to a stop - or not. Told Jan from now on I’m just going to walk right through them - then they will think I’m the rude one.

Reactions: PACman
2981 - 3000 of 3923 Posts