Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
yeah! Won them on Facebook. I have no idea where they are but they're free so who cares. It should be a good game since Columbus is up 2-0!

I hope you have a great time, and I hope even more (as a Tampa fan) that you get to see the Blue Bellies lose! haha.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
If your Lightning go down 3 games to none it's most likely over for them! They tied the NHL record for most wins and were the Presidents trophy winner for most points this season while the Blue Jackets had to scramble just to make the playoffs. As they say, anything can happen in the Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If your Lightning go down 3 games to none it's most likely over for them! They tied the NHL record for most wins and were the Presidents trophy winner for most points this season while the Blue Jackets had to scramble just to make the playoffs. As they say, anything can happen in the Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup.
Old time hockey, eh? Toe Blake! Eddie Shore! NHL playoffs are always fun. Even with the Hawks watching from their own living rooms and me having no clear back-up favorite, it's still a lot of fun. Maybe because I don't have a favorite at this point, that might make it better because there's no angst?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I sent a quote to this person a month ago to marbelize an accent wall to look like Carrara. She thought I was too expensive.

View attachment 104227
So, is this the same woman asking you to do different work, or asking you to do the same job, not realizing you already have her a price?

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,105
So, is this the same woman asking you to do different work, or asking you to do the same job, not realizing you already have her a price?

I quoted the price for faux Carrara on a 10x20 wall.
She said she’d get back to me, but I had a feeling my price was too expensive.
She had someone else apply that random tile to same wall.
That message was sent the night before the quote expired.
I did end up calling her because she texted me 10 times.
She just said she hates it so much that she wants me to paint over it, to which I said no, not a good idea.
She ended up continuing to text and call me,she consulted the tile guys on how I can paint over it. I ended up giving her a price that was three times what my original quote was.
She said that was very expensive and she’ll get back to me.

Can’t make this stuff up.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Old time hockey, eh? Toe Blake! Eddie Shore! NHL playoffs are always fun. Even with the Hawks watching from their own living rooms and me having no clear back-up favorite, it's still a lot of fun. Maybe because I don't have a favorite at this point, that might make it better because there's no angst?
The playoffs were always a battle to the finish, especially in the old days when it was legal to do almost anything on the ice when Hawks like Max Bentley, Mush Marsh, Bill Mosienko, Johnny Gottselig, Earl Siebert and Chuck Gardiner wore the Indian Head Sweater!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I quoted the price for faux Carrara on a 10x20 wall.
She said she’d get back to me, but I had a feeling my price was too expensive.
She had someone else apply that random tile to same wall.
That message was sent the night before the quote expired.
I did end up calling her because she texted me 10 times.
She just said she hates it so much that she wants me to paint over it, to which I said no, not a good idea.
She ended up continuing to text and call me,she consulted the tile guys on how I can paint over it. I ended up giving her a price that was three times what my original quote was.
She said that was very expensive and she’ll get back to me.

Can’t make this stuff up.
It's called I can't make up my mind. Too many people are afflicted with this disorder, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The playoffs were always a battle to the finish, especially in the old days when it was legal to do almost anything on the ice when Hawks like Max Bentley, Mush Marsh, Bill Mosienko, Johnny Gottselig, Earl Siebert and Chuck Gardiner wore the Indian Head Sweater!
Those guys are before my time! Mush Marsh is an awesome name though!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Those guys are before my time! Mush Marsh is an awesome name though!
There way before my time too, but I've read about these old timers since I was 8 years old. Mush was listed as 5' 5" but was said to be as short as 5' 3" and could skate faster than hell, he scored the Cup game-winner in the 2nd overtime of the final game! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mush_March

Here is what may be the most famous Cup pic in history as Rocket Richard is still bleeding heavily from a gash above his right eye suffered earlier in the game shaking hands with the Bruins goalie after the Canadian's closed out the series. https://images.app.goo.gl/VadUSaTYSb66zC6T7

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
There way before my time too, but I've read about these old timers since I was 8 years old. Mush was listed as 5' 5" but was said to be as short as 5' 3" and could skate faster than hell, he scored the Cup game-winner in the 2nd overtime of the final game! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mush_March

Here is what may be the most famous Cup pic in history as Rocket Richard is still bleeding heavily from a gash above his right eye suffered earlier in the game shaking hands with the Bruins goalie after the Canadian's closed out the series. https://images.app.goo.gl/VadUSaTYSb66zC6T7
Damn! The days before goalie masks and helmets was insane! And I bet they did it for next to nothing too. Read the other day that Hall Of Famer Ernie Banks made $800,000 TOTAL in his career. And hockey being a much smaller sport then had to be worse even for the greats. But, still the only sport with a dental plan!

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Customer-"can BIN primer be tinted?"
Me- "yes, to pastel colors only though."
"if i brought in five gallons would you tint it to a behr color?"

"No. For liability reasons i can only tint what i sell."

"do you sell BIN?"

"yes"

"then why won't you tint what i have?"

"i can only tint it if you buy it from me."

"well how can i get it tinted?"

"take it back to where you bought it and have them tint it for you"

" They said it couldn't be tinted. Could you tint it if i paid you?"

"Yup. $49.99 a gallon."

"what! That's more than i paid for it!"

"yup. if you pay for the BIN and buy it from me, i will tint it for you free of charge."

"But Home Depot only charged me $42.00 for it!"

"and they can't tint it so...."

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I am going to have to file this one under, "you cannot please them all."

I did a total finish of a mahogeny spiral staircase last year. Refinished with Penofin for hardwood. It came out awesome. I totally explained what the new finish would look like to the home owner.
I was supposed to do more work for the guy. A bunch of railings and some shingles with suggestions for even more work. So, after about a month of finishing the stairs, I sent him an email asking when he would like me to do the other work. I get a email back telling me he would prefer that someone else do all of the railings.
He had a a roof deck with railings that were too difficult for me to do the outside off do to the pitch of the roof. I am thinking what a tool. Especailly after I had done several hours of research for him trying to find the best high gloss paint for the railings.

Fast forward. I had no desire to work for him again, but I sent him a courtesy email to remind him that he needed to put on a maintenance coat. I did not want him telling people that the stuff I put on had failed in less than a year.I get an email back telling me that the reason he never called me for more work is because of how poorly the stairs came out.

I am beyond the point of thinking that I can please all my customers. But, I politley told him that it would have been nice to know this, and aked him what he did mot like telling him I have used it for many customers with no complaints.

P.S. When i got a reaponse ro what was wrong, all that I got was it "was obvious."
I think I dodge a bullet not doing more work for him.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1588856851243769&id=217328505063284

After, pictures are not great due the stairs being wet and not being able to get a good angle.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Not trying to be mean here but......they opened a "health food/smoothie" place here in my shopping center last Saturday. Why is it all i have seen going into the place is 300 lb + women?

·
Registered
11,338 Posts

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Oh man. Going after weight challenged individuals. What's next?
I wasn't going after them. I just thought it was strange. And i guess without knowing their starting point i shouldn't judge. I just don't remember seeing that many 600lb women around town.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Just got a call from a woman in Canton who pretty much demanded that i call her back immediately because she has some exterior paint work she needs done. Had to wait almost 5 seconds for her to talk. Hmmmm....i guess i better get right on that one. (i do have her number if anyone wants it)

3101 - 3120 of 3923 Posts