Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The very best and classic poutine is found in Quebec City and nope, I never worry about the grease. It's such a rare treat for me I don't need to worry. Besides, most of the time it Mediterranean, Indian or Chinese all made in Jenny's Kitchen.
All of my experiences have been between Montreal and Fort Coulonge. I've never been disappointed. If I ever make it to Quebec City, I'll definitely have to put your statement to the test.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
If i could figure out how to make money custom matching quarts of interior stains i'd be rich.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I love Canada. Really can't think of one thing about Canada that is worse than it is in the states, to be honest. The beer. The beer sucks. And the whiskey is week.
Then you have not had the good rye whiskey! Try Canadian Club 100% rye Whiskey or Crown Royal; Aptly named, Crown Royal whisky came about as a gift to The Crown. It was King George VI, and his spouse, to be exact. In 1939, the King visited Canada along with the Queen and Crown Royal was created ahead of his arrival as a gift of honor. From there, the brand has blossomed into arguably the most iconic Canadian Whisky. We also have Moosehead Breweries Limited, Canada's oldest independent brewery, located in Saint John, New Brunswick. The brewery was founded in 1867 and is still privately owned and operated by the Oland family. Now in the sixth generation of family ownership, this privately held company still makes a full bodied rich brew that puts Budwater to shame. I like both our beers and our whiskey! (No offense intended, I am after all....)

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Then you have not had the good rye whiskey! Try Canadian Club 100% rye Whiskey or Crown Royal; Aptly named, Crown Royal whisky came about as a gift to The Crown. It was King George VI, and his spouse, to be exact. In 1939, the King visited Canada along with the Queen and Crown Royal was created ahead of his arrival as a gift of honor. From there, the brand has blossomed into arguably the most iconic Canadian Whisky. We also have Moosehead Breweries Limited, Canada's oldest independent brewery, located in Saint John, New Brunswick. The brewery was founded in 1867 and is still privately owned and operated by the Oland family. Now in the sixth generation of family ownership, this privately held company still makes a full bodied rich brew that puts Budwater to shame. I like both our beers and our whiskey! (No offense intended, I am after all....)

Cracked canoe (made by Moosehead) is a great light beer ice cold on a hot sunny day. I tend to stay away from whiskey these days due to far too many negative transgressions during my youth.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Canadian beers are pretty good. Back in the day when I was tending bar, the common complaint about Moosehead was "antler scars on your thighs". Not sure if they've addressed that though. That line of work taught me a lot about drinking though. Watching people and how they carry on made me careful about booze. Consequently, I was never big on shots but came to appreciate good scotch and water on occasion and Irish whiskey to sip.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The honest truth is I have had nothing but soft drinks for the past 35 years or so. Thus, I speak of things I know nothing about! I stopped drinking my last year of college.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Canadian beers are pretty good. Back in the day when I was tending bar, the common complaint about Moosehead was "antler scars on your thighs". Not sure if they've addressed that though. That line of work taught me a lot about drinking though. Watching people and how they carry on made me careful about booze. Consequently, I was never big on shots but came to appreciate good scotch and water on occasion and Irish whiskey to sip.

I think it helped when they started putting Moosehead in pints rather than quarts. That was about the time they stopped banging the tops of the bottles with another quart and creating thigh scars when they banged to hard for the fountain. (I kid you not, people did that! Bang one quart on top of another it foams out like champagne.)

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Uh, down here in the states, rye whiskey is traditionally the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Scotch and Irish whiskey, that's the good stuff.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Great Lakes Blackout Stout. Now that's a beer!

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
The last time I drank tequila, was the last time I drank tequila!
Every time i drink tekillya, the only thing that happens is we talk about what happens every time i drink tekillya.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
last night in a gaming forum that i frequent someone called me a "pommy nit". I don't even know what a "pommy nit" is!

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Scotch isn't meant to be paired with a burrito.
some single malt scotches do have pretty high levels of sulfur in them. Enough that they do have a very slight rotten egg smell. Drink a few and you won't smell it anymore. Trust me.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Hard to beat Macallan 15 year single malt when it comes to whiskey. The older stuff is even better, but my budget stops at the 15 year old stuff.
good stuff. One of the best of the more affordable single malts.

3241 - 3260 of 3923 Posts