Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

3301 - 3320 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
something hit me last night during one of my frequent wide awake spells. If Darth Vader could choke people out by just using the power of his mind, what did he need a light saber for?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
something hit me last night during one of my frequent wide awake spells. If Darth Vader could choke people out by just using the power of his mind, what did he need a light saber for?
In case he runs into Rosie O'Donnell.

Speaking of Rosie, who wins in an a cage match...Rosie O'Donnell or Mike Ditka???:confused1:

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
In case he runs into Rosie O'Donnell.

Speaking of Rosie, who wins in an a cage match...Rosie O'Donnell or Mike Ditka???:confused1:
Rosie. Ditka isn't dumb enough to get into a cage with her.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
am i the only one who thinks it's dangerous as hell to have a total stranger deliver my food?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
am i the only one who thinks it's dangerous as hell to have a total stranger deliver my food?
Why did you have one of the 1-in 4 drivers who say they sample your delivery?https://www.today.com/food/1-4-delivery-drivers-admit-tasting-your-food-delivering-it-t159779

Has anyone used Door Dash? They are the biggest rip-offs in the business, They want a $13 delivery fee for a couple of restaurants in my area, this does not include the tip. It'll be a cold day in Hell before I pay someone a delivery charge that's almost as much as the cost of the food!:vs_mad:

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Only food we have ever had delivered is pizza. Anything else we go get ourselves. Guess that’s because the pizza place we like is on the other end of town whereas everything else is fairly close.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
When i was living in San Diego a local pizza place got busted because a couple of their employees were putting crack cocaine on the pizzas. That was 25 years ago! If people are licking ice cream at walmart just think what they are doing to the groceries they deliver. Just hope some ugly woman doesn't deliver your bananas is all I'm sayin'!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Only food we have ever had delivered is pizza. Anything else we go get ourselves. Guess that’s because the pizza place we like is on the other end of town whereas everything else is fairly close.
Some people don't want to pick-up their food, maybe they're tired, lazy had a few drinks or all of the above. I don't mind paying for and tipping to have my food delivered, I just don't want to pay a King's ransom for it!

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Some people don't want to pick-up their food, maybe they're tired, lazy had a few drinks or all of the above. I don't mind paying for and tipping to have my food delivered, I just don't want to pay a King's ransom for it!

Oh, I totally get it. It just hit me that we think nothing of ordering a pizza to be delivered but have literally never had anything else brought to the house.

We did get a few of those complete meals delivered, the ones with all the ingredients and recipe but which you cook yourself. But those were freebies some friends had delivered to us as a promotion for the company.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Yeah what's a little spit on your pepperoni deep dish? You'll never notice it!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Oh, I totally get it. It just hit me that we think nothing of ordering a pizza to be delivered but have literally never had anything else brought to the house.

We did get a few of those complete meals delivered, the ones with all the ingredients and recipe but which you cook yourself. But those were freebies some friends had delivered to us as a promotion for the company.
I can't remember the name of the place but we were on the road and stopped in a pizza place, ordered and waited. It wasn't until one of the workers stepped out with a pamphlet with instructions on how to cook the pizza that we all figured out what was up. We had a motel room- we weren't set up to cook anything. We thought we had just bought $20 worth of raw pizza but the manager was very understanding and let us off the hook. I swear there wasn't a single sign in the place saying anything about it being uncooked pizza only!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Why did you have one of the 1-in 4 drivers who say they sample your delivery?https://www.today.com/food/1-4-delivery-drivers-admit-tasting-your-food-delivering-it-t159779

Has anyone used Door Dash? They are the biggest rip-offs in the business, They want a $13 delivery fee for a couple of restaurants in my area, this does not include the tip. It'll be a cold day in Hell before I pay someone a delivery charge that's almost as much as the cost of the food!:vs_mad:
Been reading too that if you tip via the app, the company puts that *tip* towards the delivery person's base pay rather than as a traditional tip. Thus you're making their payroll for them. It's best to tip in cash so the delivery person actually gets and profit from it. Assuming one is happy with the service, of course.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
One can only spend so long painting in the middle of nowhere with literally no contact with other organisms. How on earth do I keep getting these jobs where I end up feeling like that guy in the movie Martians or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
One can only spend so long painting in the middle of nowhere with literally no contact with other organisms. How on earth do I keep getting these jobs where I end up feeling like that guy in the movie Martians or whatever it's called.
No one like you? You smell bad? Idk?:devil3:

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
so i guess human life was almost extinguished on earth last week. Did anyone hear anything about it?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
When i was living in San Diego a local pizza place got busted because a couple of their employees were putting crack cocaine on the pizzas. That was 25 years ago! If people are licking ice cream at walmart just think what they are doing to the groceries they deliver. Just hope some ugly woman doesn't deliver your bananas is all I'm sayin'!
What about peeing on your potatoes? https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/07/30/west-mifflin-walmart-woman-urinates-potatoes/:surprise:

3301 - 3320 of 3923 Posts