Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Ordered replacement pads for my 5" RA RO Porter Cable sander on Amazon. $16.00 for a two pack vs $20.00 for a single pad locally. Great savings. What I don't understand is this (and has happened before):

Tracking:

Monday Jan. 20 package has shipped

11:47pm package arrived at carrier facility-Ontario, CA
7:36 pm package arrived at carrier facility-Eastvale, CA
3:42 pm package arrived at carrier facility-Ontario, CA
11:36 am package arrived at carrier facility-Eastvale, CA

So how many times does my order go back and forth between two towns??? I have had this happen where items traveled back and forth between two non bordering states!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Ordered replacement pads for my 5" RA RO Porter Cable sander on Amazon. $16.00 for a two pack vs $20.00 for a single pad locally. Great savings. What I don't understand is this (and has happened before):

Tracking:

So how many times does my order go back and forth between two towns??? I have had this happen where items traveled back and forth between two non bordering states!
It's called ping-pong!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

Tracking:

It's called package pong!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,769
I’m not happy that my favorite Ben Moore supplier, Budekes, has been bought out by MacCormick Paints. They say little will change initially.

Man, everyone’s dying. My car mechanic for 30+ years is gone. He also was a close family friend. His son grew up with my kids.

·
Administrator
19,580 Posts
I’m not happy that my favorite Ben Moore supplier, Budekes, has been bought out by MacCormick Paints. They say little will change initially.

Man, everyone’s dying. My car mechanic for 30+ years is gone. He also was a close family friend. His son grew up with my kids.
An unfortunate side effect of getting older.

·
Administrator
19,580 Posts
Why is it, that when you are out in the back yard picking up after the dog, the one pile of poo you fail to spot WILL be the one you find with your shoe?:vs_mad:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thought I should warn PT members of a scam being run in paint store parking lots. It goes as follows:

Two attractive females feign locking their keys in the car and ask the chosen mark for a ride to their apartment to retrieve a spare, a couple of miles down the road . While riding along they start commenting on how cute the mark is and fawning over him. They even go as far as kissing him on the check and forehead. Before things get too far out of hand, there is their apartment, the mark stops and lets the young ladies out, and he is left wondering what just happened. Not long after, he notices his wallet is missing.

I relate this to you, dear members, out of experience. It happened to me on Jan.2,5,14 and 23, twice on Feb 3&4, and three times yesterday, Feb 7.

BTW, wallets are only $3.00 at Walmart.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Thought I should warn PT members of a scam being run in paint store parking lots. It goes as follows:

Two attractive females feign locking their keys in the car and ask the chosen mark for a ride to their apartment to retrieve a spare, a couple of miles down the road . While riding along they start commenting on how cute the mark is and fawning over him. They even go as far as kissing him on the check and forehead. Before things get too far out of hand, there is their apartment, the mark stops and lets the young ladies out, and he is left wondering what just happened. Not long after, he notices his wallet is missing.

I relate this to you, dear members, out of experience. It happened to me on Jan.2,5,14 and 23, twice on Feb 3&4, and three times yesterday, Feb 7.

Lightningboy, when you see these scamsters Monday, will you tell them there’s some “slow to catch on” types here in the Magnolia State, too. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,969 Posts

At least you're approachable. Frankly, I repulse most females under the age of thirty.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Did you ever buy something expensive and spent so much on it that you just kept telling yourself it's great....even though you knew it wasn't. I always got a kick out of people with central vac systems....dragging that cumbersome hose all over the place..."Oh, this is just so handy"....smh

Why, Freda, why???

·
Administrator
19,580 Posts
A judge in the Westminister dog show had a chance to make history by choosing a Golden Retriever for the first time ever to win best of show. Instead, he made the safe choice and picked a standard poodle (ugh).

Daniel, the GR - who was clearly the huge crowd favorite, got robbed.

3761 - 3780 of 3923 Posts