Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

3921 - 3923 of 3923 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
Glad to hear I’m not the only pro whose wife is forced into doing painting in their own home. I know we should be embarrassed, but I’m pretty sure we’re not.

This is F ing awesome! I could hear her screaming at me from in there "How do you guys do this with these huge brushes?" (She's an artist. I gave her one of my worst 2.5 angle sash because I knew she was going to destroy it) then 5 minutes later she's yelling that she's lost her brush and can't find it. It's a small room that she almost emptied. I walked in and she's got her roller drowning in the deep end of the paint tray. There's paint everywhere. Drips all over and she's just priming it. Can't wait until the paint comes out.

I was laughing so hard she ordered me out of the room. I might have to choose between going back to work or calling my lawyer.

I'm pretty sure I'm an awful person and quite possibly an ahole.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
This is F ing awesome! I could hear her screaming at me from in there "How do you guys do this with these huge brushes?" (She's an artist. I gave her one of my worst 2.5 angle sash because I knew she was going to destroy it) then 5 minutes later she's yelling that she's lost her brush and can't find it. It's a small room that she almost emptied. I walked in and she's got her roller drowning in the deep end of the paint tray. There's paint everywhere. Drips all over and she's just priming it. Can't wait until the paint comes out.

I was laughing so hard she ordered me out of the room. I might have to choose between going back to work or calling my lawyer.

I'm pretty sure I'm an awful person and quite possibly an ahole.
LOL... Actually, I was going to add at the end of my previous post. "The sound of WB and I high-fiving."

Truth be told, my wife is a pretty decent painter. She would often do the closets on jobs we were on because she's smaller and it was easier for her to maneuver around.
She just decided one time when I was off on a trip that she wanted the lower half of the bedroom walls to be a different color. I was fine with it.

Reactions: Wildbill7145

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My last ex told me she was going to paint her daughter's room when we were splitting up, and since she was a soon to be independent woman, my help would not be necessary. This was fine by me. Next day or whatever she gets to it and cuts in the walls. She comes out of the room and sheepishly asks how long she has to wait until she can roll out the wall? I looked at her for several long moments and replied: "Did you ever bother- even for a minute- to listen to me when I told long, boring stories about work that went nowhere? EVER!? Huh? She just didn't get me.

3921 - 3923 of 3923 Posts