Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,841
I'd like to hear your political views....I think.

In the proper thread, of course.:biggrin:
No you don't.

Besides, I love you guys and I don't want to ruin that.:smile: It's sort of like not wanting to think about your parents....well,you know.

Would you believe my upper management guy just won't leave me alone? ..he dumped me! Today he interrogated me about who I'm seeing. I'm starting to cave.

My daughter is going to deliver her first baby any day now. I'm a wreck.

Pac, your avatar is disturbing. I think we should go out for a drink. Bring your girlfriend.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
No you don't.

Besides, I love you guys and I don't want to ruin that.:smile: It's sort of like not wanting to think about your parents....well,you know.

Would you believe my upper management guy just won't leave me alone? ..he dumped me! Today he interrogated me about who I'm seeing. I'm starting to cave.

My daughter is going to deliver her first baby any day now. I'm a wreck.

Pac, your avatar is disturbing. I think we should go out for a drink. Bring your girlfriend.
That's what i was shooting for.:devil3:
And fyi I am currently unencumbered by a girlfriend.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
It's amazing how you can be on job, work along side a bunch of different subs who are all professional and easy to coordinate things with, and yet the entire job will be remembered for the childish and totally unprofessional behavior of just one guy (an electrician).

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
It's amazing how you can be on job, work along side a bunch of different subs who are all professional and easy to coordinate things with, and yet the entire job will be remembered for the childish and totally unprofessional behavior of just one guy (an electrician).
What he do, get a little paint on his jeans? Prima Donnas.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I know.There's some silly website that will tell you, based on your information. I've got until I'm 83. Sigh.
Mine was 4 years ago according to that site.

Reactions: fauxlynn

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
What he do, get a little paint on his jeans? Prima Donnas.
No, he just showed up and began acting like his s--t don't stink and that everyone else (a floor guy and plumber were also in the house - that's what happens when the HO acts as their own GC) had to make way for him. One of the other guys walked off the job he was so disgusted with this jerk. I informed the HO that when this guy is on site, I won't be regardless of how it affects the time line.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,853
1. I'm a grandma again. Jackson came into the world Saturday. I'm already exhausted and I didn't even do any of the work.

2. I'm excited and not excited to be doing a pretty large Lincrusta job. Starting soon....I'll post pics.

3.Remember when you couldn't pick up the house phone without asking if anyone was on the computer? Beep bop boop beep.

4. I need Walking Dead to start soon. Side note- I honestly believe I could stab a zombie without blinking an eye.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
1. I'm a grandma again. Jackson came into the world Saturday. I'm already exhausted and I didn't even do any of the work.

2. I'm excited and not excited to be doing a pretty large Lincrusta job. Starting soon....I'll post pics.

3.Remember when you couldn't pick up the house phone without asking if anyone was on the computer? Beep bop boop beep.

4. I need Walking Dead to start soon. Side note- I honestly believe I could stab a zombie without blinking an eye.

Congratulations Granny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Drywall is made out of gypsum. Gypsum is calcium sulfate dihydrate: CaSO4•2H2O. Ironically, 2 out of 3 molecules in your DRYwall are water!

In a fire, energy is released as the water turns into steam, so the drywall doesn't get too hot. But as the drywall loses water, it loses volume - and it develops large cracks. The fire can then just go through the cracks.

Fire resistant "Type X" drywall is basically the same thing except it is reinforced with glass fibers. The fibers hold the gypsum together and prevent large cracks from developing and it can block the heat for much longer.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Drywall is made out of gypsum. Gypsum is calcium sulfate dihydrate: CaSO4•2H2O. Ironically, 2 out of 3 molecules in your DRYwall are water!

In a fire, energy is released as the water turns into steam, so the drywall doesn't get too hot. But as the drywall loses water, it loses volume - and it develops large cracks. The fire can then just go through the cracks.

Fire resistant "Type X" drywall is basically the same thing except it is reinforced with glass fibers. The fibers hold the gypsum together and prevent large cracks from developing and it can block the heat for much longer.

I see your garage firewall repair job led to some serious research. Good stuff--never stop learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,969 Posts

That may explain why I always detect a little moisture with my meter. I wonder if painting garage drywall compromises that fire suppression effect for non fiber reinforced dryalll.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Huh? I'm confused.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
And stay off!

1841 - 1860 of 3923 Posts