Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 3923 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
Ha! Do you know me or what?

The only man in my life that has never lied to me is my car mechanic Joe.
Been my car guy for thirty years.
What's funny is that we just got the wife another Jeep. (Yeah, she totaled another one....) Bought 8 cars from this dealership. Our first salesman is now the finance manager. The guy has never lied or misled us once. Wish I could say that about the majority of the people I've dealt with in life.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
I have had 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee's in the past 22 years and never had a serious problem with either one.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
I have had 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee's in the past 22 years and never had a serious problem with either one.
Mechanically there weren't any problems before the accident. Just a nice 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland. Or it was. Went with another Overland a few years newer, (2014), with very low miles. 8 year/100K bumper to bumper warranty. I do like my Jeeps. Have to admit that I really wasn't planning on another vehicle purchase though. Need 4wd and I like the 6200# towing capacity in case I find another project.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You know what a real border tragedy is? When you get caught bringing to much scotch back from Mexico and they make you pour a bottle out! How do you decide which one? They're all so tasty!

ALL scotch tastes like bandaids even if it's the so-called "good stuff". Top shelf and bottom shelf--peat and repeat (see what I did there?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
It wasn't mexican scotch. It was scotch sold in mexico. They sell the good stuff too. And you can bring it back tax free. Within reason. I was one litre over reason, I guess.

Don't ever buy the tequila with the painter on the label no matter how tempting it may be. I think it is actually mineral spirits. Or lacquer thinner. I'd had a couple beers before i tried it.
I was told that particular brand of tequila is what came out of that painter after he drank the good stuff.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Get the straight six and not the V-8. They last forever.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
ALL scotch tastes like bandaids even if it's the so-called "good stuff". Top shelf and bottom shelf--peat and repeat (see what I did there?)

I admit it is an acquired taste and not for everyone. I acquired it when I was a kid and grandma gave us Evan Williams and honey for sore throats and colds. It might not of actually helped the sore throat but at least we quit complaining about it. My GF hates the stuff but can down a bottle of cheap takillya in a second. Go figure.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
I was told that particular brand of tequila is what came out of that painter after he drank the good stuff.
No. That's Corona beer.

Reactions: RH

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
No. That's Corona beer.
Funny story, first trip to Mexico and Jan and I are in a shuttle being taken to the resort. Chatting with the driver and ask him what Mexican beers he likes and recommends. He names several and then says " Never Corona! We only make that to send north to you guys."

Reactions: PACman

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,912
From the mouths of babes; statements from Eve, my four yr. old grandaughter during their recent visit:

On getting a boyfriend for grandma:"You just need to put on some pretty clothes and a little make up. The boys will come a skippin'."

On not being invited to dinner at my ex's house: " I am angry. It is not fair grandma was not invited. Just because you are divorced doesn't mean you can't hang out."

On dreaming of a house on the water: " I will set up a lemonade stand and give you the money."

I was also allowed to join The Booty Club and she waived my membership fee. I was denied entry to The P **nis Club. (story of my life)

My daughter has no clue where she got that .

·
Registered
563 Posts
From the mouths of babes; statements from Eve, my four yr. old grandaughter during their recent visit:

On getting a boyfriend for grandma:"You just need to put on some pretty clothes and a little make up. The boys will come a skippin'."

On not being invited to dinner at my ex's house: " I am angry. It is not fair grandma was not invited. Just because you are divorced doesn't mean you can't hang out."

On dreaming of a house on the water: " I will set up a lemonade stand and give you the money."

I was also allowed to join The Booty Club and she waived my membership fee. I was denied entry to The P **nis Club. (story of my life)

My daughter has no clue where she got that .

Those clubs sound intimidating--not to mention the bouncer at each.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Ok this 5hit has gone to far! I just put a sandwich in a Ziploc bag in my kitchen and as soon as I go online there are Ziploc adds all over my screen! WTH? How do they do that crap?

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
Ok this 5hit has gone to far! I just put a sandwich in a Ziploc bag in my kitchen and as soon as I go online there are Ziploc adds all over my screen! WTH? How do they do that crap?

***XX

Attachments

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,916
Those clubs sound intimidating--not to mention the bouncer at each.

I misspelled it, oops. It's B o u t e e. Eve is obsessed with all sorts of bathroom humor, pretty sure it is the inspiration for the club. We hope.

She is a firecracker for sure. When she was two, she told me repeatedly to leave the tea party in the playroom that I was invited to by Izzy, older sister. I wouldn't. Finally she whispered in a scary tone, " You need to leave, it isn't safe for you to be here."

I was sure she was going to knife me in my sleep.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,918
Okay, call me paranoid.... Pac, you DO know that you might be subject to random peeping tom stuff via your computer, either by camera or sound, right? I'm not joking. Even Zuckerberg has tape over the camera lens on his computer as do I.

Think about it.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Just ate the most White Castle double extra onion sliders that i ever have. Am I going to die?

Reactions: Gymschu
1901 - 1920 of 3923 Posts