Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 3923 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,941
Why was it any different than any other paper, besides it not being pre pasted?
I don't know that it was different. I think I started out with too long of a piece,(17') it got all kinked up and ripped.Haha.

And I think since the wall is curved, I assumed it was not irregular. So, placing strips horizontally, sometimes the top layed flat but the bottom did not..

I trashed the first two strips and started over with shorter pieces.(10')

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Isn't the paper thicker and less flexible then typical wallpaper? I know some of the liner can fall apart if you box it too long. I've always heard it was harder to hang then most wallpaper was other then not having a pattern match.

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Isn't the paper thicker and less flexible then typical wallpaper? I know some of the liner can fall apart if you box it too long. I've always heard it was harder to hang then most wallpaper was other then not having a pattern match.
I guess it depends on the skill of the hanger, I never had any problems with it, although I have only used it maybe 5 times in 25 years.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
It sounds like she was hanging blankstock, which is basically just paper, kind of like what would be on the back of paper backed vinyl only thicker.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,945
Yes it was blank stock. I'll never be a wallpaper pro. I think the Lincrusta will actually be easier.

·
Administrator
19,583 Posts
The difference in cost of "cheap" toilet paper and "quality" toilet paper is NOMINAL!
Meh, toilet paper is all the same.

Reactions: ridesarize

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Meh, toilet paper is all the same.
I guess you've never had the dreaded stink finger then. Or the dingleberries.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Dr. Seuss invented the word "nerd".

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hey that rhymes, how absurd. Anyways is that spelled correctly, one typo could urin this whole post.

1941 - 1960 of 3923 Posts