Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
trying to follow the guidelines of the PPOTQ voting thread, I am starting a new thread to rant.

Yah know, I gots issues with any organization I belong to. And I respectfully raise and discuss those issues when asked and given the correct forum to do so. WHY? Because I can conjure up a modicum of respect if I feel tweaks are needed and will do so in the right place at the right time. When I loose that respect, I quit the organization.

Cricket and Helena have asked a specific question and have asked folks to stay OT - NUMEROUS times. I have taken that cue and have started a new thread, perhaps others could show a little respect and do the same. Hell, use THIS thread as your spring board. I don't mind.

I understand that the PPOTM and the PPOTQ raises issues, I have some. And I have not voted in the poll because I believe there is more to the issue than a simple YES or NO vote. But do I continue to disrespectfully mock them by beating my own drum when asked not to? (I hope not). Have I made a mockery of the PPOTM and PPOTQ by sarcastically nominating people I feel have no right to win and then also do not VOTE for the person I NOMINATED ? Yes, there are some who have done that - repeatedly.

If you don't like the PPOTQ, then vote so and offer a replacement. If you don't like the way Paint Talk is managed, start a thread with some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism or go elsewhere. Personally I am sick of the very few folks who are trying to (no so subltly) tear this place down with mockery, sarcasm, and disrespect based on personal grudges.

It takes but a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. As I have preached before, if you don't like something or someone, IGNORE it and move on. Let others enjoy even if you don't. And yes, I have not always followed this path, but I am certainly reaping the fruits it provides. :thumbsup:

·
painter extraordinaire
1,434 Posts
I feel that paint talk would be far better placed to award a prize for a painter that posts something constructive like a new painting technique or tool, or perhaps a few pictures of their latest work.

The way the contest is structured at the moment, its more a popularity contest that a contest of skill.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel that paint talk would be far better placed to award a prize for a painter that posts something constructive like a new painting technique or tool, or perhaps a few pictures of their latest work.

The way the contest is structured at the moment, its more a popularity contest that a contest of skill.

Brian,

I had a very similar (but different) thought myself.

The admins name a category, like which member most often has posted the most unique, inventive, and useful tips. And then ask for PM's with your vote. The voting is unanimous and "silent" so no one is influenced by others seeing who is being voted for .

SURE, lots of bugs in this simplistic rough form, but it was an embryonic idea I had

Reactions: Brian C

·
Administrator
2,786 Posts
This thread is going to be closed for now.

Until the vote is completed, there simply is no reason to rant.

In the meantime, if anyone does not want anything to do with the Paint Pro of the Quarter program they can simply not participate in it and ignore it.

If you have ideas for a different contest, we already have a thread requesting that information. Thank you for understanding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.