Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never posted anything or even used a blog before so here goes, does anybody know of a BASIC, average price per FT3 to re-paint some block wall, I am rolling on Loxon XP, wall is about 16ft high. please my first time(posting, not painting!) keep it simple

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Pricing questions are like the worst thing you can ask here.

1. Nobody knows how much you produce in a given time period.
  2. Nobody here knows your market.
  3. Nobody here knows your overhead.
  4. Nobody here knows the condition of the substrate, or how much prep is involved, or how high it is, or if you are spraying or rolling.
Go to the search function in the blue band at the top of this page. (right side) Type in your terms, and you'll get some help on how to figure out YOUR price. Otherwise, prepare for some grief.

(beleive it or not, I am trying to help.)

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
wow, I knew it couldnt be simple, thanks anyway

Look,......some of the best advice you can get from this site is to know your numbers. Unless you want to struggle just getting by, or working for wages you need to become a business person.

There are plenty of great painters out there. You may be one. That does not make most of us good business people.

If you just want a number get this book it will at least give you an average expected production rate. Even it will go through knowing your other numbers.

If you want to learn more about running a paint business, go here.

If you want some free software to help you formulate a price, go here. You will still have to know your overhead and expenses, but it is an easy format and will get you thinking more. Once you have an established baseline this sofware works nice. (I use it in conjunction with quickbooks)

Good luck with your business.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
Thanks Biker, Spam alerts going off like crazy! Hold the fort down!

Am home illin and chillin. (don't feel good) So I got the mods back. (with limited ability)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts