Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Painting Contractor
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cabinet company delivered the prefinished cabs in the wrong color, so the GC asked me to repaint them on site. Was going over a catalyzed lacquer pigmented and clear coat. Used Stix primer, then 2 coats advance satin super white.

image-2117236363.jpg

Hung the ten doors and shelves by cup hooks hanging between two step ladders

image-1884465129.jpg

Used zip wall to totally enclose the work area.

image-3745853106.jpg

Primer coat

image-3801787631.jpg

Another shot of the doors hanging

image-1606615000.jpg

The 8" ventilator from harbor freight sucks out all the overspray quickly. Easy to divert to where you want with long hose.

image-1199551114.jpg

Love the flash on the flat screen on this one!

image-3339110315.jpg

image-2218419293.jpg

image-2597759929.jpg

image-1846420832.jpg

Various finished shots.
Sprayed it all again with the Titan 115 set on 6 stage. Thinned typically about 10% with water. Using #5 needle setup.
The downside was the client put things on the shelves about 4-5 days later, and some areas left marks. I had told them to wait longer on their fireplace mantle in other room, but unfortunately they didn't wait as long on this area. Minor scuffs in a few places, but since they're going to be covering with stuff eventually anyways we decided not to try to touch up.

·
Banned
905 Posts
nice job...did you use a filter for the exhaust 8" hose? I've seen those setups and they don't sell round filters for the fans. they should!

·
Painting Contractor
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Xmark said:
nice job...did you use a filter for the exhaust 8" hose? I've seen those setups and they don't sell round filters for the fans. they should!
I do have a filter for it, probably got at an auto parts store. However it really cuts down on the draw, so I put a tarp under the hose on the outside of the house and double checked after shooing a while. No overspray dusting problems. If I was doing a big job it might be more of an issue. I didn't use the filter on this one.

·
Banned
905 Posts
I do have a filter for it, probably got at an auto parts store. However it really cuts down on the draw, so I put a tarp under the hose on the outside of the house and double checked after shooing a while. No overspray dusting problems. If I was doing a big job it might be more of an issue. I didn't use the filter on this one.
I'd be concerned about getting paint dust inside the blower. that's a good place to put a filter.

·
Painting Contractor
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
straight_lines said:
Nice little job there. I love the set up too, it looks efficient.
It was a great little workspace. Nice to be able to take over a good chunk of room to make a spray booth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts