Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve been experimenting with the Italian 1/2k poly products as well. In my case, I can only get Milesi locally but did a cab job last month and the results were good…new cabinetry primed with Stix, top coated with Milesi 1k poly, 30 sheen, sprayed with a tritech T5, 410 ff tip @ 1700ish psi. Verticals sprayed as well. Had one sag but it was totally my fault. Overall, I really liked the product.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great. Curious though for new cabinetry why you decided to go with Stix as your primer? What kind of wood?
Thanks!!

New cabs. Solid maple. No tannin (tested Stix on the back of a couple of pieces first) bleed and I couldn’t get any of Milesi primers due to “ongoing supply chain issues” plus didn’t have time to order anything online so I kinda had to use what I had at my disposal. I love oil and shellac primers but I don’t like spraying those in occupied homes and my oil dedicated sprayer (Graco 395, not my favorite fine finish rig) managed to walk off a job site a few weeks ago when I was on lunch. Been to cheap to buy another oil dedicated sprayer since then. I won’t run oil through any of my WB sprayers. Gotta love commercial job sites.

just curious what you would have used in absence of the manufacturer’s recommended prime coat if you had found yourself in my shoes. I think the Stix did great, adhesion was awesome and no tannin bleed whatsoever so I’m not too worried about any call backs but I’m always fishing for more knowledge in the primer world and am admittedly still learning about cabs, especially new cabs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I here ya about spraying solvents on site. Nothing wrong with Stix if you're not worried about tannin bleed. Although, I would probably reach for the Aqualock first, because of the quicker recoat time.. I don't do a lot of new stock, but if I did would be tempted to try out the ML Cambell stuff. View attachment 114154
Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I may try that sometime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts