Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got the spec sheet from the HO. Don't have an account at BM... What's a fair price for Advance and a 5 of Natura?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do NOT put advance on the walls. Just making a headache for future painters. If they want something suitable for that sort of environment, Aura Kitchen&bath.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Do NOT put advance on the walls. Just making a headache for future painters. If they want something suitable for that sort of environment, Aura Kitchen&bath.
That was my first thought but I have no experience with that product. I am not doubting your wisdom but I'm curious why it would be a hassle for future painters?

·
Registered
437 Posts
That was my first thought but I have no experience with that product. I am not doubting your wisdom but I'm curious why it would be a hassle for future painters?
People on here can't seem to agree what it is. Some insist that, when it's dry, it's basically an oil paint. One guy mentioned testing it with acetone and it came back as latex, yet he couldn't get new latex to stick to it. Worst-case, it just means you have to treat it like oil paint next time, but if you test it and it comes back as latex.... Well.... You can see how it would be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
2,373 Posts
Not all accounts get the same pricing. I was just wondering what everyone was paying.
It depends how much you buy. It's like anything. The more you buy from a store, the more of a discount theyre going to give you. Im in Canada, and pay about $58/gal . for Advance I think..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
It depends how much you buy. It's like anything. The more you buy from a store, the more of a discount theyre going to give you. Im in Canada, and pay about $58/gal . for Advance I think..
I went in today and opened an account. Right around $50/gal for Advance. It is what it is.

Side note: walked into the house I'm working at and was immediately smacked with fumes. Wasn't really thinking about it so I went in to investigate. Got to the bathroom and saw that the tub had just been reglazed. I turned around and booked it out of there. I text the HO my appreciation for the heads up and told them I'd be back in a couple days. I was in there for maybe 60 seconds and I still have a slight headache.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts