Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Doing a bit of research here - I'm a web designer investigating the origins of some named web colors.

Turns out that many were named after Sinclair Paints swatches, and I discovered on this forum that they are extinct!

Does anyone know where I could find images of these vintage swatches? Anybody still have theirs lying around?

Best,
Ainsley

·
Registered
47 Posts
They were bought by ICI about 10 years ago

Actually, ICI purchased the Grow Group in 1995. This purchase included Devoe Paint, Devoe Coatings, Fuller O'Brien, Sinclair, and Ameritone. ICI never manufactured products labeled under the Sinclair name, which was primarily a West coast brand.

Since that time, ICI was purchased by Akzo Nobel, and subsequently (2013) by PPG.

Some paint stores in your area may have Sinclair fan decks or color charts. I do not know if color software on color computers has formulations for their colors.

I hope that this information is helpful.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
best bet is to try an older paint store. They never throw out old decks, just in case of needing to match a color. An old deck like that may have some considerable fade or old paint matches on it, who knows may get lucky and find a mint one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts