Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Best Pants!

Armed pants are the best on the market, at least that I've tried. Just ordered a bunch more. Free shipping on orders over $150 and 15% off....plus, they always seem to send us the standard knee pads AND the upgraded pads...can't beat that.

·
A PAINTER PAINTING
248 Posts
SWEET I Will be getting some of them I just wish I had A coupon 4 a free pair. Thank 4 the post Iv never herd of them.:notworthy:

·
Registered
Painter
2,031 Posts
I 've had a pair since last year. I was pleased to see them in the Carhart design. Sadly SW quit stocking them... Got mine on sale for about $25 when SW was trying to rid them from the shelf.

Good pants.

·
Retired Moderator
10,539 Posts
I hadn't heard about the upgraded knee pads, which sounds like a good improvement. I wore out the regular ones on the first day and started using those from another mfg.

The tool pocket placement works well for me and I generally really like these. Besides the original knee pads, I do have two other gripes. One, the back pockets are divided to hold a tool and a wallet, but that needs to be a really small wallet. The first thing I did was to rip out that stitching. Secondly, the fit doesn't work for me unless I wear suspenders. I have snake hips but ladder thighs, so that causes problems. If I don't wear suspenders, I leave everyone else on the job site wondering what a plumber is doing wearing whites.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Who, the heck is that guy that writes those articles...... :whistling2::jester:
My guess is that this article is an amazing example of good Public Relations. I bet the article there is mostly copied and pasted from material sent from the company and the writer got a very deep discount on his pants.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My guess is that this article is an amazing example of good Public Relations. I bet the article there is mostly copied and pasted from material sent from the company and the writer got a very deep discount on his pants.
No, Schmidt was making a funny, the author is a member here, and it is all original content.

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
Amazon.com: Supersoft Kneepads: Home Improvement
I've used these kneepads and they are very comfortable, can wear them all day no problems.

I doubt the foam padding in the pants gives as much cushion. I want as much cushion as possible if I'm in situations where I need knee pads.

To me the selling point of these pants would not be for knee protection. It would be if they are roomy and comfortable, and that they provide great real estate for general tools used daily.

·
17,818 Posts
I am not sold on them, I wear regular knee pads on a daily basis so that would not be the selling point. I would much rather hear about the pants themselves versus the knee pads.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I talked about the pants in the article I linked. After 6 months no holes, will know more after summer winds down and I begin wearing them again.

Dickies would be done in less than three.

I hate wearing knee pads because they hurt the back of my legs. These I don't even notice they are there till I bend down.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts