Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I've been waiting three days for a cup of coffee...
I'm cranky.
What's with needing my phone number?
I understand the email thing, and I don't mind receiving a bunch more spam for the coffee...I actually do, but it's 2015, and there's money in these here internetz adverts, I get that...but my number?

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
I've been waiting three days for a cup of coffee...
I'm cranky.
What's with needing my phone number?
I understand the email thing, and I don't mind receiving a bunch more spam for the coffee...I actually do, but it's 2015, and there's money in these here internetz adverts, I get that...but my number?
I added the following statement
completion of this transaction indicates the agreement and the assurance that my personal phone number included in this application will not be used to invade my privacy with any type of marketing or survey phone calls.

Usually, I provide the phone number for the local police, but I felt that the owners here would respect my rights to privacy.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
The email address is needed because the eGift cards are sent by email. The information is not used in any other manner. I have no idea why the phone number is added because we don't use it. It is possible the information is asked for when we order the eCards.

I will check with Juan on this. If we don't need them for anything, I will ask them to have the coders remove the question.

·
Super Moderator
9,460 Posts
Boy. I need to up my cynicism. I trust they would not use my phone number or email for marketing, selling, etc. I figured the phone number was in case of an issue with the card (like receiving double cards or something) to make it easier to correct problems.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Boy. I need to up my cynicism. I trust they would not use my phone number or email for marketing, selling, etc. I figured the phone number was in case of an issue with the card (like receiving double cards or something) to make it easier to correct problems.

Dean,

You've been on PT for HOW long? And your cynicism is still in the comfort zone of your pre-school days ?

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Well, while we're talking reward points. When do you thing the "branded swag" might become avaliable? I'd sure like a Paint Talk coffee mug.... :yes:

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Well, while we're talking reward points. When do you thing the "branded swag" might become avaliable? I'd sure like a Paint Talk coffee mug.... :yes:
The new company is working on this. I will let you know as soon as I hear more.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
John,

As I mentioned to Gough awhile back, for a bit of time, I thought my late bro had a lot in common with the uni-B. Not only in looks but in background, intelligence, social graces, and living incommunicado with past life.

So as G said, you ain't the first to notice that :thumbsup:
I remember you mentioning that.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
The email address is needed because the eGift cards are sent by email. The information is not used in any other manner. I have no idea why the phone number is added because we don't use it. It is possible the information is asked for when we order the eCards.

I will check with Juan on this. If we don't need them for anything, I will ask them to have the coders remove the question.

My rewards were delivered yesterday...and just received a robo call on the cell phone 10 minutes ago.
First one ever.
I was afraid of that, hence my rhetorical question.

Oh internets...how cruel a mistre$$ you are.

Could Juan at least make sure that the calls are from relevant scam companies? I never went to college so I'm probably not going to need a company to lower my student debt.
Maybe my [removed] needs to be bigger.

·
Super Moderator
6,801 Posts
My rewards were delivered yesterday...and just received a robo call on the cell phone 10 minutes ago.
First one ever.
I was afraid of that, hence my rhetorical question.

Oh internets...how cruel a mistre$$ you are.

Could Juan at least make sure that the calls are from relevant scam companies? I never went to college so I'm probably not going to need a company to lower my student debt.
Maybe my penis needs to be bigger.
I got a robo call today too. By chance was the number from Maryland?

·
Administrator
Community Manager
2,790 Posts
Folks, VerticalScope is a Canadian owned company with some of the toughest spam laws anywhere. We have a solid privacy policy posted that you can see in the footer of every page or go here to view it.

WE DO NOT SELL OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts