Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Rocksolid Render Systems are very local and very professional in our execution of our Render and Paint finishes.
Established in 2009 with 20 years trade experience you will rest assured you’re in the best hands for solid plastering and external render repair on the Gold Coast.
We are a team of Quality tradesmen and apprentices that pride ourselves on delivering value and quality to your most valuable asset and at a competitive price.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
I might have done it this way:

Hi. I'm Dave with RockSolidGC,

We do plaster rendering and specialty finishes. I've been in this business for over twenty years. I found this community while researching products, techniques and trade practices. Besides the technical stuff, I also thought this would be a great place to share and receive some business experience, and maybe even vent about some of the things we all put up with as trades people.

Have a great day!

Dave

·
Administrator
21,511 Posts
Though I agree with the above statements, we avoid dictating how posts are actually written as long as they follow the forum rules. The original post contained a link to the business. Including such a link prior to having 20 posts, and then anywhere but in the signature line, is a violation of PT’s advertising rules, so it was edited out.

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
Though I agree with the above statements, we avoid dictating how posts are actually written as long as they follow the forum rules. The original post contained a link to the business. Including such a link prior to having 20 posts, and then anywhere but in the signature line, is a violation of PT’s advertising rules, so it was edited out.
I think what this thread is pointing out, is a demonstration of arrogance and a lack of consideration to community. In other words, we're all as capable of blowhardiness as we are at blowing butt gas in an elevator. But in the interest of our fellow man, we reserve the foulness for the appropriate place and time.

Unwanted ads belong in an appropriate place and time.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
you mean this isn't SPAM?

·
Administrator
21,511 Posts
you mean this isn't SPAM?
As I stated, in itself the post does not break any rules - except for the link that was originally inserted and edited out. Other than that, no additional red flags came up for us to consider.

·
Administrator
21,511 Posts
I think what this thread is pointing out, is a demonstration of arrogance and a lack of consideration to community. In other words, we're all as capable of blowhardiness as we are at blowing butt gas in an elevator. But in the interest of our fellow man, we reserve the foulness for the appropriate place and time.

Unwanted ads belong in an appropriate place and time.
If “blowhardiness” was against the PT rules, both you and I would have had our butts kicked outa’ here long ago.:confused:;)

·
Banned
15,692 Posts
If “blowhardiness” was against the PT rules, both you and I would have had our butts kicked outa’ here long ago.:confused:;)
True.
Although I suppose my biggest offense is being a martyr for actual PT contractors who may take offense to sales pitches from trades people who may be providing similar services as themselves. That's why I asked if they actually subbed for painting contractors. I have a suspicion they don't. And why would they?

Bottom line, the whole presentation was a link.

·
Administrator
21,511 Posts
True.
Although I suppose my biggest offense is being a martyr for actual PT contractors who may take offense to sales pitches from trades people who may be providing similar services as themselves. That's why I asked if they actually subbed for painting contractors. I have a suspicion they don't. And why would they?

Bottom line, the whole presentation was a link.
Martyr? Uh… okaaay…?
Anyway, sorry that post apparently ruined your day. Just take a deep breath and let it go.

And not that you should need reminding, but…
Forum Posting Rule: 2a. Users shall not question or debate a moderator decision publicly on the message board. In the event of a disagreement or questioning of a moderator's decision or action users should contact the moderator(s) or admin(s) via PM.

So as I said, let it go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.