Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
That reminds me, I saw this site earlier, look at the bottom, says not to trust contractors who leave the chemicals on the roof? I thought someone said that was ok?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
There is for sure a market here that I am not taking advantage of. I have all the equipment to do this too so its extra stupid of me.

If you guys would be so kind as to tell me where you get your chemicals from I would appreciate it. Looking for the best price of course.

I know you probably don't want to reveal your mixes for roofs, but if you did me ruv you rong time. If you don't want to post here please pm me.

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is for sure a market here that I am not taking advantage of. I have all the equipment to do this too so its extra stupid of me.

If you guys would be so kind as to tell me where you get your chemicals from I would appreciate it. Looking for the best price of course.

I know you probably don't want to reveal your mixes for roofs, but if you did me ruv you rong time. If you don't want to post here please pm me.
http://www.softwashsystems.com/products.htm

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok from what I was told when using the bleach method, just keep area wet for 15 to 20min and the roof will be about 90% cleaner and let the rain do the rest. No need to rinse. Is this correct?

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roof Cleaning

I did some searching on the net yesterday and found good information on different roof cleaning methods. Some professional roof cleaners with the answers I needed to my questions. A little bit more research today and all should be good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
If it's the softwash guy I'm thinking of his chemicle are not available. I ordered them months ago and they still have not received them.

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
Ok from what I was told when using the bleach method, just keep area wet for 15 to 20min and the roof will be about 90% cleaner and let the rain do the rest. No need to rinse. Is this correct?

When I'm killing the mildew on a roof I treat the area with a mixture of chlorine bleach and water with the mixture ratio depending on just how much mildew is present but usually a 1 to 1 mix with a bit less water added if the build up of mildew is heavy . I apply it with a pump sprayer or using the detergent delivery system on my power washer . I let it sit at least 20 minutes or more then power wash it on a low setting with a wide spray pattern so as not to get water up under the roof shingles :)............. Ohhh and just a warning about doing this from a ladder , Be careful of setting up a ladder in wet areas where it may lose footing and slide out from under you ! :eek:

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a better understanding of our options for this kind of service since this post. I’m looking into different chemicals that some other roof cleaners are suggesting to add to the mix mentioned. Our goals are to provide a no walk, low to know pressure roof cleaning service. I can say we have years of experience in exterior surface cleaning and that’s why we have asked for others input into finding our best roof cleaning solution as we recognized the difficulties’ that can arise from such a service. Our organization completes research on each service we perform before providing it to the public as I think any professional business should. I appreciate those businesses that aren’t afraid to share their methods of success in cleaning roofs like you have.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts