Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Roof Cleaning from Your Ladder

12K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  Roof Cleaning 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw this video the other day seems like a roof cleaning product spray and rinse from ladder. Has anyone used this product? www.softwashsystems.com

#8 ·
There is for sure a market here that I am not taking advantage of. I have all the equipment to do this too so its extra stupid of me.

If you guys would be so kind as to tell me where you get your chemicals from I would appreciate it. Looking for the best price of course.

I know you probably don't want to reveal your mixes for roofs, but if you did me ruv you rong time. If you don't want to post here please pm me.

#9 ·
There is for sure a market here that I am not taking advantage of. I have all the equipment to do this too so its extra stupid of me.

If you guys would be so kind as to tell me where you get your chemicals from I would appreciate it. Looking for the best price of course.

I know you probably don't want to reveal your mixes for roofs, but if you did me ruv you rong time. If you don't want to post here please pm me.
http://www.softwashsystems.com/products.htm

#18 ·
When I'm killing the mildew on a roof I treat the area with a mixture of chlorine bleach and water with the mixture ratio depending on just how much mildew is present but usually a 1 to 1 mix with a bit less water added if the build up of mildew is heavy . I apply it with a pump sprayer or using the detergent delivery system on my power washer . I let it sit at least 20 minutes or more then power wash it on a low setting with a wide spray pattern so as not to get water up under the roof shingles :)............. Ohhh and just a warning about doing this from a ladder , Be careful of setting up a ladder in wet areas where it may lose footing and slide out from under you ! :eek:

#19 ·
I have a better understanding of our options for this kind of service since this post. I’m looking into different chemicals that some other roof cleaners are suggesting to add to the mix mentioned. Our goals are to provide a no walk, low to know pressure roof cleaning service. I can say we have years of experience in exterior surface cleaning and that’s why we have asked for others input into finding our best roof cleaning solution as we recognized the difficulties’ that can arise from such a service. Our organization completes research on each service we perform before providing it to the public as I think any professional business should. I appreciate those businesses that aren’t afraid to share their methods of success in cleaning roofs like you have.

#29 ·
There are more than a few companies that have formulated some common commercial chemicals into a brew that will clean anything. None that I've used are the magic potion. That house in the video had mild build up, not heavy. The same with roofs, some are mildy coated with algae, mildew, others need downright water blasting (chemical brews surely help, but there are many).

#35 ·
I love the topic.
We always try to clean from a ladder or a strategic spot on the roof.
I'm working on putting together a safety program for my company and we will be tied down on all jobs we get on the roof very soon.
Every employee I have had including myself has fallen off of the roof.

Here is a recent steep roof we cleaned from the ladder.

Attachments

#39 ·
I love the topic.
We always try to clean from a ladder or a strategic spot on the roof.
I'm working on putting together a safety program for my company and we will be tied down on all jobs we get on the roof very soon.
Every employee I have had including myself has fallen off of the roof.

Here is a recent steep roof we cleaned from the ladder.
Maybe you should invest in AC's vent pipe harness system?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.