Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The more flow you have, the faster you will clean. That is everything from houses to decks to concrete. We have zero problems running 10 gpm machine on a residential with a 110 gallon reserve tank. You can run into issues with well water or if your municipal supply is 5 gpm or less. Running a portable machine directly off a water supply is where you will get into trouble. Its best to have a buffer tank for a whole bunch of reasons.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ken is 110 reserve tank what you like best for residential house washing??
Depends on what size machine and and in an individual's case, what his service area municipal supply is like. In my area, ten gallons of reserve for every 1 gpm of machnie flow is adequate. In an area with wells, low muni supply, commercial jobs where you don't have access to water, etc you can need triple that.

Reactions: Dave Mac

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
Maximum profit is the goal and faster equipment doesn’t always equate to a more efficient business model. Now to be contradicting there are scenarios in which a previous mention business model can be more effective but most residential pw aren’t to the point in which this would be the case.

·
6,326 Posts
Got the new 5GPM going Today. Didn't have a tank yet so I ran it out of a 55GL. drum.Worked Fantastic. Met with customer,hooked up,mixed up sauce,got ground man runnin & another guy pressure washing the house,driveway,pool deck.
Roof was done in 1 hour. By the way,don't forget it's December 6th!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definately nice knowlege to have. I myself have cleaned a few roofs for homeowners and I used a pressure pot with jo max bleach water mix and left it to sit for hrs and come back and rinsed with a garden hose . They turned out really nice and the homeowners were happy. I always get estimates for roof cleaning because I was never scared to do it where most people dont think you can clean asphalt shingles.

·
Outhouse Painter
700 Posts
What did you get? I had my eye on one of the DeWalt 4gpm models. I don't do that much work with it, so I don't need to blow a fortune on a unit - but I want enough flow to get through the job.

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
What did you get? I had my eye on one of the DeWalt 4gpm models. I don't do that much work with it, so I don't need to blow a fortune on a unit - but I want enough flow to get through the job.
I was at Lowes for some other items and they had a sale on brand new 3800 psi 4.0 GPM pressure washers in the box for only $749. The funny thing was they didn't have the tools I needed to fix my phone.

·
Outhouse Painter
700 Posts
I was at Lowes for some other items and they had a sale on brand new 3800 psi 4.0 GPM pressure washers in the box for only $749. The funny thing was they didn't have the tools I needed to fix my phone.
Was that the John Deere model? That's a great price but I'm a bit scared of all the reviews that say the pump takes a dump pretty quickly.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts