Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid and this article. I have had a few people in the past few years ask me about this, and I had no idea what they were talking about. Must have been transplants from other areas maybe. I personally haven't seen any done in my area - going to google search now to see if there are. The roofs look great I must say, almost brand new after the wash.

·
Outhouse Painter
700 Posts
I check the reviews on the Dewalt and its not much better (3800 psi). However the 4200 psi looks to be the best of the Dewalts.
I gotta look a bit more. If I'm going to go ahead and pay around $1200, I might as well get a solid performer. It seems like the pumps are the real issues with most. If I'm going to get a belt/gear drive model, I can't expect to pay less than 1K anyway.

·
Exterior Restoration
188 Posts
I gotta look a bit more. If I'm going to go ahead and pay around $1200, I might as well get a solid performer. It seems like the pumps are the real issues with most. If I'm going to get a belt/gear drive model, I can't expect to pay less than 1K anyway.
Get the most for your $1. You may pay a little more but a cat pump is may be the way to go. Your right its the AR pump according to others that's failing.

I'm going to ask if they will knock $50 off floor model and put it in storage.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So I dont get it. If the soft wash product is so good as everybody claims why do you need a PW with orbital attachment for the sidewalk?? Does soft wash not work on concrete???

·
Registered
319 Posts
So I dont get it. If the soft wash product is so good as everybody claims why do you need a PW with orbital attachment for the sidewalk?? Does soft wash not work on concrete???
IMO of course..

You can clean up concrete with a strong soft wash solution, but you can't remove the dirt and grime. So you need a pressure washer for that service.

Also gutters and pool screen rooms sometimes require a pressure washer to remove leaves and debris that gets lodged in the screens. You can hand scoop it but if you have jobs stacked that day you will want a pw.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The term softwash is not so much a product as a marketing buzzword. Its a method for applying chems and using low pressure to wash. Low pressure is a relative term. You still need 500-1000 psi to wash most surfaces to really remove the grime. The chems loosen the dirt and kill the mold so you don't have to blast with 3500-4000 psi. Even on a vinyl house there are nests, cobwebs and dirt that need some pressure to coax them off.

·
House Painting Reading PA
419 Posts
I became friends with Michael K of First Choice Power Washing over in Lexington Kentucky. He had the coolest set up that was the most simple of all for washing vinyl houses and such. He had this video on the use of
to clean homes on youtube.

I use a 0 degree 40 orifice tip on my gun and it works out fine. Get the heights without the high pressure.

I have a small detail brush that I use on my extension pole to remove the cob webs and stuff ahead of the wash if need be in order to not cause trouble down the road.

At this current status I am washing anywhere from 7-15 homes a week depending...

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Maximum profit is the goal and faster equipment doesn’t always equate to a more efficient business model. Now to be contradicting there are scenarios in which a previous mention business model can be more effective but most residential pw aren’t to the point in which this would be the case.
Thanks for your wisdom. I see you are out of business (again). You selling that brand new 4 gpm machine?

Reactions: bikerboy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks

Roof Cleaning Is A Growing Segment

For anyone that pursues pressure washing actively, the hottest growth market is roof cleaning. I've read a bunch of misnomers and have seen some companies that really don't know what their doing try to tackle this task. There are a bunch of methods and of course a friendly war on what method is best. This prompted me to write an article of the A to Z's on how to perform roof cleaning properly. Hope you enjoy!

How To Clean A Roof
Good information thanks

41 - 51 of 51 Posts