Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a number of threads about safety glasses, but none that address this specifically. When I'm recoating, especially white on white and clear when it's a build coat and isn't absorbing/changing the color of the surface I often have difficulty seeing enough contrast to quickly determine how much I'm laying down. Anyone have a suggestion for high contrast glasses/tint color for those situations? I know yellow is great for contrast in lower light, but when the lighting is pretty bright it's blinding. Appreciate any suggestions.

Oh, and since I'm at it, might as well ask if anyone has glasses that sit low enough to get good eye coverage over a half face respirator so I don't have to hold my head at the perfect angle. Probably just the nature of the beast, but can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen a number of threads about safety glasses, but none that address this specifically. When I'm recoating, especially white on white and clear when it's a build coat and isn't absorbing/changing the color of the surface I often have difficulty seeing enough contrast to quickly determine how much I'm laying down.
Should have added, this is while spraying. Almost all of what I do is custom cabs, furniture and a little trim.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts