Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pricing a job for refinishing a worn safety walkway in safety yellow (I know the manager, so it's not a matter of me getting the job it's a matter of doing it right!).

It's in a warehouse, seems to have been coated with some sort of sealer, pretty worn. Not flaking but old. It's about 250 ft of walkway. I would have loved if they saved the sds of previous projects so I know exactly what's underneath but unfortunately not.

My first choice would be to epoxy it, but I need a quicker return to service.

Corotech command is marketed to stick to these kinds of coatings. So that would be my first choice.

The manager told me they got another quote saying they would put cement paint and then clear coat?

I am wondering what you guys would suggest.

To my fellow painters, thanks in advance!

· Monarchski
372 Posts
I am pricing a job for refinishing a worn safety walkway in safety yellow (I know the manager, so it's not a matter of me getting the job it's a matter of doing it right!).

It's in a warehouse, seems to have been coated with some sort of sealer, pretty worn. Not flaking but old. It's about 250 ft of walkway. I would have loved if they saved the sds of previous projects so I know exactly what's underneath but unfortunately not.

My first choice would be to epoxy it, but I need a quicker return to service.

Corotech command is marketed to stick to these kinds of coatings. So that would be my first choice.

The manager told me they got another quote saying they would put cement paint and then clear coat?

I am wondering what you guys would suggest.

To my fellow painters, thanks in advance!
My worry using Command is what's the product it's going over? That's probably a floor epoxy and not sure Command is bonding to that without a primer.

· Registered
4,503 Posts
Command is marketed to stick to epoxy. I could be on the safe side and apply Stix and then command.
stix is not recommended on floors thus you would be unable to write a spec. If you want to use a primer under command use their corotech waterborne bonding primer its sort of a translucent green.

I would sand the heck out of a small section and do an adhesion test.

· Super Moderator
Licensed General Contractor, Painting Contractor, Christmas Light Installer
2,896 Posts
Command is marketed to stick to epoxy. I could be on the safe side and apply Stix and then command.
You'd only be on the safe side if you knew it was epoxy, which you don't.

· Super Moderator
Journeyman Painting Contractor
4,410 Posts
I'm no epoxy pro, but wouldn't that be bullet proof the next day. No matter what you put on there is not going to be ready for atleast 24 hrs. I just don't think Command is going to hold up to fork lift traffic.?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts