Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new Carhart seat covers from Santa for my new to me Dodge Ram and they fit awesome. I only wish they had them in the same drop cloth color and material. What are others using? Still need to cover my backseat.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Got new Carhart seat covers from Santa for my new to me Dodge Ram and they fit awesome. I only wish they had them in the same drop cloth color and material. What are others using? Still need to cover my backseat.
Santa was good to you. Pics!

I always invest in seat covers (along with weathertech floor mats, and a steering wheel cover). It’s usually the first thing I purchase when I buy a new (used) vehicle…Followed quickly by a new stereo head unit and speakers upgrade (why not, I pretty much live in my car).

When I resell they still look good in the inside.

Last vehicle I used ballistic nylon seat covers front and back. Current vehicle (4Runner) I have Wet Okole neoprene seat covers. They are comfortable, and conform to the seat without a lot if movement when getting in and out.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I just get cheap ones from the parts store and replace them once in a while. Nothing fancy.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I mostly buy stuff that's already old and beat up. This way I don't give sh....izzle. My work truck has been a '97 ranger - high miles, used to be a farm truck. It was already trashed when I got it so I trash it more worry-free.

Of course, I'm also not a contractor so I just have to look like one of the "workers." No need to impress the prospects when I show up.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I got a Transit being custom, built for me as I type this. Im glad I stumbled on this thread, as it'll be a good idea to get seat covers, and I probably wouldnt have thought about it.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I got a Transit being custom, built for me as I type this. Im glad I stumbled on this thread, as it'll be a good idea to get seat covers, and I probably wouldnt have thought about it.
Congrats on the new custom Transit. Would like to see pics of how you have it outfitted! I was under the impression it was a difficult time to get a new (or used) vehicle.

I talked with another contractor a couple weeks ago and he said he was a year and a half backorder for his new custom work van, and he couldn't find any used ones. He needed an engine, and he had to travel out of state to find one, and the guy straight up told him he was charging him extra "because he knew needed the engine".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts