Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
"last year with flyers we had a .0014 responce rate with close to a 10roi"

Am I figuring this correctly.... that's 1.4 calls for 1,000 flyers...or 14 per 10,000?
(.0014 * 10,000 = 14)

-No wonder I've never bothered...
I believe the .0014 is not a percentage, like you said the latter 14 per ten thousand. That is a 0.14% response rate. Which is right on the money. It's such a little response rate - you had better be selling higher priced ticket items.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
I believe the .0014 is not a percentage, like you said the latter 14 per ten thousand. That is a 0.14% response rate. Which is right on the money. It's such a little response rate - you had better be selling higher priced ticket items.
I havent had enough coffee yet, but something doesnt look right here.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Couldn't agree more with Daniel about a "plan" and Jeff when he says, "your call to action".

Woodland, check out what I wrote about Marketing here. (3rd post)

There are some questions and exercises....I found it extremely beneficial to close my laptop monitor and reading and thinking and tangibly 'write' down some of things you find there. "Elevator Test" and "Finding Your Core".

Its a basic overview, but does encourage you to focus on your direction.

Also the Myth that Marketing is Advertising.

I've bought some stuff through zazzle.com with good results.

As for plunking mail in the mail boxes.....kids/paperboy are more than happy to run flyers for $20. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 6126

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
"last year with flayers we had a .0014 response rate with close to a Roi"

Am I figuring this correctly.... that's 1.4 calls for 1,000 flyers...or 14 per 10,000?
(.0014 * 10,000 = 14)

Thats is correct, and worth every penny for us, we get them delivered and printed 22500 for about $900, we deliver close to 300,000 a year. Works out ROI = 10 which is good however I agree the response rate sucks.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
OK, so help me understand the ROI value = 10? What does that mean?

that means

900 a month for 12 months I spend a total $10,800

my gross sales because of the fliers are way over 10,800 x 10 = $108,000
So for every dollar I spend I get at least 10 dollars in return

make sense I'm not the best at explaining things

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
"last year with flyers we had a .0014 responce rate with close to a 10roi"

(.0014 * 10,000 = 14)

Wow, I dont blame you. Im going to try 500 next week and see what happens. Nice website by the way Dave. Probably one of the best I've seen.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
that means

This is one thing that distinguishes the pros from the scumbags. Lowballers barely have enough money to put gas into their gas tanks let alone invest 10g's on fliers - and so they have this inbred myth/belief that advertising is for 'highballers' and that they are the antidote with their cheaper pricing. The professional, on the other hand, recognizes that a 10:1 ROI is a virtual goldmine. Good for you Mac! You have taken what most would consider a low response rate and turned it into a revenue generating machine. If I had to guess, I'd need an average of a 1k job to make those numbers work.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
One thing about this low response rate, my flier is going in the newspaper box with about 10 other fliers, and thats part of the reason for the low response rate, I use other company's that cost more to hand out but they only put 4(max) fliers in at a time.

If your the only flier going in the news paper box and you have a good design I believe your response rate will be much higher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that means

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!
Plainpainter - Why do you say you'd need to avg. $15k jobs to make those #'s work?
--OOps, either I read that wrong....or you just edited your #'s. ;)

·
"Member"
10,719 Posts
One thing about this low response rate, my flier is going in the newspaper box with about 10 other fliers, and thats part of the reason for the low response rate, I use other company's that cost more to hand out but they only put 4(max) fliers in at a time.

If your the only flier going in the news paper box and you have a good design I believe your response rate will be much higher.

Ah...ok. I was reading those numbers to be postcards and was scratching my head over the numbers. This makes sense now.

·
Master Painter
362 Posts
I usually get at least 2 calls per 1000 fliers/mailers distributed . I used to get between 6 to 8 replies per 1000 before the economy tanked .

Here is my latest mailer , It's an over sized full color postcard ...

·
The Man In The Arena
163 Posts
What about your community expos? Sure there are the large "Home Shows", but we have local community expos where local business set up in the gym and we have a huge turnout. I'm in a small town and nearly every small town around has something similar. It's more than just being there, you have to have a message that's effective as well. You can secure your booth space for a couple hundred dollars and walk away from the show with 30 - 50 leads (people who actually stoped and talked with you and requested a quote). Based on the numbers for mailing in this thread; there are better ways to connect with your market. I would be contacting every local town chamber to see if there are events like this on the calendar in their community. You can hit a half dozen shows between Feb and March.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts