Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just realized that my Picasa3 has a fairly decent video maker. So here are a couple that I have made.

I hadn't seen a topic that archived YouTube video's like the facebook topics archive "fb pages". I thought it would be a good idea to be able to visit other videos and make remarks/votes for each other. If there is a topic please redirect me. Otherwise, Lets fill this one in with YouTube videos.

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work Jason. I would add target cities or areas to the main title, and I think the music should be a little more upbeat
Music is not the seller, and something mellow is my preference. :)

Youtube offers tags for video's and that's where I put targeted cities. I'm not sure if it really makes any difference if the city is in the title as long as they are in the tags. Can anyone with YouTube SEO knowledge confirm?

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Music is not the seller, and something mellow is my preference. :)

Youtube offers tags for video's and that's where I put targeted cities. I'm not sure if it really makes any difference if the city is in the title as long as they are in the tags. Can anyone with YouTube SEO knowledge confirm?
You might just be surprised what actually music does. :) I put the cities and towns in the tags too. Which one works better I couldnt say, but my videos do come up in the searches and the phone rings. Anyway, I was searching Washington County the other night and noticed you are ranking very well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
help me be not so ignorant,

how does youtube vids help with your website seo?
I look at it like this; It's what's in the title, tags and description. That's what Google crawls. If Google crawls YouTube (as it does) then you get that much more exposure.

I have seen one of my older YT's rank on the front page when doing specific key word searches.

Not sure I answered your question... I'm not a SEO pro by far. :no:

·
Almost Gone
10,730 Posts
I look at it like this; It's what's in the title, tags and description. That's what Google crawls. If Google crawls YouTube (as it does) then you get that much more exposure.

I have seen one of my older YT's rank on the front page when doing specific key word searches.

Not sure I answered your question... I'm not a SEO pro by far. :no:
how does it link with your website though is what I'm wondering.

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
how does it link with your website though is what I'm wondering.
You have to have a link to your website in the description box. Would this be a form of back linking using YouTube as a vehicle? Just a thought.

And adding the "tags" is the key words people use to find you. That is critical. Weather they find my Youtube or my website, either way it's a part of the whole web experience imo. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Jason-

I don't even have a web-site.
It would be a feat to post a photo. I've done it before with help, and need to update my skills and add a little more visual sharing. A neighbor kid came and help me resize my photos to post and then I uploaded on to PT and he did it so fast-I can't remember how to do it. I have photo album of projects, but that probably needs a scanner? also many are on the computer -just taking the time to learn and having a slower teacher.

I am enjoying the videos, though, alot.

·
Born 2 Paint
5,021 Posts
Jason-

I don't even have a web-site.
It would be a feat to post a photo. I've done it before with help, and need to update my skills and add a little more visual sharing. A neighbor kid came and help me resize my photos to post and then I uploaded on to PT and he did it so fast-I can't remember how to do it. I have photo album of projects, but that probably needs a scanner? also many are on the computer -just taking the time to learn and having a slower teacher.

I am enjoying the videos, though, alot.
IGive me a call if you ever want to launch a website. I will do what I can to help. No charge. I spent roughly $200 to get my domain, templetes, and get the site live. My site is still very plain and generic, but it serves it purpose for now. The phone rings :thumbsup: As my business grows, I will evenually hire a pro to make it shine :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts