Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
You dont need to reprime over trim overspray.

Ive never had a problem with trim overspray flashing through wall paint if you spray the trim without masking, but I dont doubt that it happens either, so be cautious about it.

Ive always done: spray the lids, then spray the trim, mask the base, and cut and roll the walls.

·
Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,030 Posts
By saying I guess I was more or less asking the question if that would be the best way. And I can paint. Just like I said I haven’t done a new construction commercial like that. Also my bid was rather simple. I calculated everything as normal. I’m also ****ing the lady in the office so I new the construction companies numbers too.
Again, please don't take any of what I have posted, or most likely anything written by anyone else, as critiscim. Personally I applaud your desire to move out on your own and try to create your own business. It's just that many of us were once where you are now and if we managed to become successful owner/operators it was only after a fair amount of trial and error. So if some of us sound a little pedantic or preachy (especially about how the skill we possessed as painters translated so little into being successful business persons) it's only because we would prefer to see someone benefit a little from our past experiences.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Again, please don't take any of what I have posted, or most likely anything written by anyone else, as critiscim. Personally I applaud your desire to move out on your own and try to create your own business. It's just that many of us were once where you are now and if we managed to become successful owner/operators it was only after a fair amount of trial and error. So if some of us sound a little pedantic or preachy (especially about how the skill we possessed as painters translated so little into being successful business persons) it's only because we would prefer to see someone benefit a little from our past experiences.
Touché, thank you

·
Registered
Property Manager
186 Posts
All the guys replying to you want you to succeed. Their advice is battle worn. Have a plan of attack prior to dropping off your gear. Track your time from the moment you dust the walls to the moment you pack out. Do this every time. Then go back and ask yourself where you could be more efficient. Where did you spin your wheels, what went well, etc.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts