Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would have to say it's none of my business

I was in the local SW last week. the paint in the bathroom was frightening. looked like a paint over the cobwebs job.
I have seen some real ratholes for paint stores lately

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
What are you in the painting business for, to make the world a better place?
Of course . My tag line- making the world a more beautiful place, one room at a time.
(For $99, that is...) :thumbsup:

Reactions: SWGuy

·
Registered
154 Posts
What i meant Ewing is that any oil base stain killer is good.I needed some to prime water- stained ceilings the other day and Sherwinn had nothing,just water base primers.Hopefully its just my SW store!
Where are you located. Unfortunately, alot of areas in the US are not allowing oil products to be sold. It is not too bad right now, but it is spreading like a bad disease!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im in Ct. SW Guy.Kilz is still in stores in my area.Is Kilz in a different classification for some reason? For a company as big as SW they need an oil sealer in theyre stores.
They should have one, if they don't that is really poor. They should have Multi Surface Oil Primer. If other retailers have it, there is no excuse for your local SW to not have.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Careful SWforktongue. Last I checked SW is pushing the "green" side of the business, and that may "make the world a better place."

Oh I forgot, your slogan is "COVER THE EARTH". Good luck greening that up:thumbsup:

Ouch...forktounge??? Sw and all national retailers are pushing the Green side of things, but it is not by choice. We know that the coatings that have been around for years work better than some of the new ones. We are mandated by the government what we can and can't make. We are dumping every resource we can to make products to perform for guys in the field, but they will take some time to get dialed in. I wasn't around during the lead days, but I am sure that painters were pissed at SW when we quit making those type of coatings also.

Lighten up Painttofish, everything will be okay...

According to your website, it looks like you are pushing the "green" side of business also.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Lighten up Painttofish, everything will be okay...

According to your website, it looks like you are pushing the "green" side of business also.
I'm fine..... I didn't make the "make the world a better place comment". I am all about using low VOC paints. Just not yours.

Thanks for checking our site out!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts