Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
haha.. just kidding your the best keep up the good work!!

down with the man....sir you r the man...ugh!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
In fact if he actually operates a store he sure has a lot of free time to pump his piss.
When did paint dealers get a soap box on this site to promote ??
he clearly knocks sw,ppg,etc and pushes his agenda.. where are the mods????
Actually Pac is pretty straight forward. Kinda says it like it is. He worked for Sherwin a few years ago

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Actually Pac is pretty straight forward. Kinda says it like it is. He worked for Sherwin a few years ago
I've read a lot of the Pacmans post and I think he has a lot of practical and valuable insight. Wish his paint store was near me.

Thanks everyone for sharing a bunch of product knowledge. After taking 10 years off from the painting business, I feel like I'm finally stating to catch up with some of the newer products and best practices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last I heard, SW Bath Paint was discontinued? Or at least that's what my SW rep told me a couple of years ago, maybe he just didn't want to have to order it. Wouldn't an eggshell or semi-gloss accomplish the same thing?

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
In fact if he actually operates a store he sure has a lot of free time to pump his piss.
When did paint dealers get a soap box on this site to promote ??
he clearly knocks sw,ppg,etc and pushes his agenda.. where are the mods????
Mods? There are mods? And get your facts straight MR. Trump! I only have an agenda against SW and Behr. And Valspar. And lies in marketing. And yes, instead of playing with my i-phone all day or flirting with the new part timer all day i prefer to come on PT and maybe possibly read or contribute something meaningful. Unlike the 20 something mba's that work at SW and know jack squat about the paint business.

I'm quite happy to be the consumers' safety net. I do have some time to kill and I come on here because My business is more important to me then sitting around playing with myself all day. Every paint store has periods of downtime.

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
Last I heard, SW Bath Paint was discontinued? Or at least that's what my SW rep told me a couple of years ago, maybe he just didn't want to have to order it. Wouldn't an eggshell or semi-gloss accomplish the same thing?
I thought I just saw it on their website. I'll check my sources at SW. (oops!)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just saw it on the self on tuesday. its alive and kicking

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I picked up 2 gallons of the satin Perma-White tinted to dove White. Seems to be one of the best products for kitchen/bath's where moisture is a consideration. It is also readily available and reasonably priced. Also, many here have had success with it.

I've used it years ago and remember the micro-bubles. Once I stopped looking too close and just rolled it dried out fine and lasted forever.

I figure a 3/8" roller instead of 1/2" will be better for the Perma-White.

I still plan on testing the SW Bath paint in the near future just to see how it goes. Can't put all your eggs in 1 basket.

·
Paint Ninja
226 Posts
I find the idea of bath and wall paint just silly. When you think about it all it does is act the same as an exterior paint just not as good. I have been painting kitchen and baths lately in SOLO flat and eggshell. Its interior and exterior. Unlike bath paint that takes moisture, solo can be rained on snowed on winds and so on. It is nice to not have a shiny bathroom and kitchen. Most clients want the flat. ITs hard and very durable. They can shower all they want I don't care if they toss cups of water or even hose the walls as it will never be an issue.

edit:
in case you are wondering this is right from the data sheet

Mildew Resistant
This coating contains agents which inhibit
the growth of mildew on the surface of
this coating film.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I find the idea of bath and wall paint just silly. When you think about it all it does is act the same as an exterior paint just not as good. I have been painting kitchen and baths lately in SOLO flat and eggshell. Its interior and exterior. Unlike bath paint that takes moisture, solo can be rained on snowed on winds and so on. It is nice to not have a shiny bathroom and kitchen. Most clients want the flat. ITs hard and very durable. They can shower all they want I don't care if they toss cups of water or even hose the walls as it will never be an issue.

edit:
in case you are wondering this is right from the data sheet

Mildew Resistant
This coating contains agents which inhibit
the growth of mildew on the surface of
this coating film.
One time my boss handed my some BM exterior flat white and told me to put it on some bare sheetrock. This was 1 wall in a 3 season room. After the 4th coat I could still see all the joint compound right through the paint. Worked way differently than interior flat paint.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Sw Harmony. Works great in k&b situations. Not a huge fan of the eggshell finish in a bathroom I don't think...wish I'd have used satin instead. Egg seemed to come out pretty flat.

·
Paint Ninja
226 Posts
One time my boss handed my some BM exterior flat white and told me to put it on some bare sheetrock. This was 1 wall in a 3 season room. After the 4th coat I could still see all the joint compound right through the paint. Worked way differently than interior flat paint.
Solo is more of a thicker product. If you use the flat (looks like matte) or the eggshell even over bare drywall won't take more than 2 or 3 coats. Same as primer and 2 coats finish. As far as some 1 saying they don't like eggshell as it came off to easy, that won't happen with Solo. I guarantee if u use solo eggshell buy the 2nd day it will be hard as a rock. The key is Solo is not just exterior. It's interior/exterior. So you don't need to worry about off-gassing, it also is very high hiding and durable. After a couple days, you won't even be able to leave a scratch mark on the flat with your finger nail.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts