Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and a new homeowner. I am hoping you can help me with an issue that I am having. I had my new home painted with Sherwin Williams Snowbound in an eggshell finish and it looks beautiful. The issue is, every time anyone touches my wall, it leaves marks on the paint.

For example, I bent down to pick something up and without thinking, I rested my fingers on the wall to support me. Now the wall has 5 finger prints on it, that no matter what I do will not dissapear. They are fairly invisible looking at them straight on but viewing them from any kind of angle, especially when light hits them, and they look like dark smudges. My fingers were clean as I had washed my hands not long before, these smudges must have come from sweat/oil on my hands.

Now I am concerned that the walls will get dirty quickly. Did I make a mistake choosing this color for my house? And is there anything I can do to help clean the greasy marks left by peoples hands off the wall? (Photo attached so you can see what I mean)

I tried cleaning using warm water and a microfiber cloth and it almost made the issue worse. It seemed to buff the smudges even with a gentle pat down.

Any advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for the long first post! I am very thankful for this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Manufacturers make different paint quality lines. Snowbound is just a color. Better quality paints like Sherwin duration or emerald are very washable your painter did not use them he/she used a cheaper low quality paint from Sherwin. Check the cans to see what was used
Thank you for clarifying. Looks like he used Promar 200 Zero VOC? Is that one of the budget ones?
So for my issue, am I just going to have to live with every stain everytime someone touches the wall? or is there a suggested way to clean it/remove the fingerprints? It seems crazy that a touch of a wall would cause a stain in a matter of seconds. Seems to make the paint redundant to use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.