Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I lack alot of experience in is some high end wood finishing. I've seen some pretty nice work here so if you don't mind show off some work please and let me know what you used.

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Sikkens Cetol (Sprayed and back-brushed)

Attachments

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Benjamin Moore Benwood Polyurethane Low Lustre. (Brushed)

Attachments

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Benjamin Moore Benwood Polyurethane High Gloss. (Brushed)

Attachments

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Benjamin Moore Benwood Polyurethane Low Lustre. (Brushed)

Attachments

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
Some distress cabinets done with SW ProClassic Enamel and Oil Base Polyurethane.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Very nice CD, is that a hi gloss and how did you apply it ?
That's actually a semi-gloss. I brushed them. The maple counter was pretty big, I cut it in every 4 boards so I didn't get any on what I wasn't ready to do on that pass.

The Zebra wood counter had a sand and sealer only on it until I got to it. Why would a pro painter put a sand and sealer only on a counter top that costs well over 6 grand?

Both counters got sanded with 40, 80, 120 150 and 200 grit sand papers. I may have gone overboard on sanding but had to make sure the old coatings were completely gone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's actually a semi-gloss. I brushed them. The maple counter was pretty big, I cut it in every 4 boards so I didn't get any on what I wasn't ready to do on that pass.

The Zebra wood counter had a sand and sealer only on it until I got to it. Why would a pro painter put a sand and sealer only on a counter top that costs well over 6 grand?

Both counters got sanded with 40, 80, 120 150 and 200 grit sand papers. I may have gone overboard on sanding but had to make sure the old coatings were completely gone.
Turned out nice. I really like the Zebra wood.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Turned out nice. I really like the Zebra wood.
The Zebra wood is awesome looking. I had never heard of it until we looked at it. These HO's have 2 more sections of it in their kitchen which we gave the same care and finish to.

I'm trying to talk a HO into letting me redo his Tiger wood kitchen cabinets. That would be one heck of a job, I would be loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I posted these a long time ago.. but still proud of this project.

Minwax wood conditioner
Rudd Lacquer wiping stain
2 coats Rudd Lacquer sanding sealer
2 coats Rudd 550 Satin Lacquer

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,413 Posts
This whole bloody thread is beautiful. I'd love to get into staining but for some reason it kind of scares me. Clearcoating is one thing, but staining is another.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts