Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
parts are really hard to come by, I have a few bookmarks of packing kits I can still get, If I need anything else I'm outta luck. I know this thing is old as it was old when I got it almost 20 years ago. I would really like to know the history of these sprayers, super bee, hornet and the wasp. If anyone knows about what years they came out that would be great.

Pat

·
Sup!
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanna see someone post a pic of one of the old bulky 333's or 433s. I havent seen one in a while.
lol I traded an old 333 for this one and they paid me $100 too. I still have 2 of them but one is in pieces! Ill get a shot of them tonight!

·
Administrator
professional painting contractor - retired
22,081 Posts
parts are really hard to come by, I have a few bookmarks of packing kits I can still get, If I need anything else I'm outta luck. I know this thing is old as it was old when I got it almost 20 years ago. I would really like to know the history of these sprayers, super bee, hornet and the wasp. If anyone knows about what years they came out that would be great.

Pat
Just out of curiosity I shot an enquiry to Binks Technical Support yesterday and I received this today:

"Super Bee in production 1970 thru early 90’s
Wasp and Hornet 1976 thru early 90’s"

·
Sup!
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I cant believe it! I turned on the 333 last night and it actually still pumps fluid! I know it needs to be serviced and repacked but between the two I have I should be able to put one good pump together. Now I just need to find the serial number on it......if I can. I need to get a PDF of the service manual too. Nice winter project .
the other one is dis assembled so swapping parts is half done!
Here is the beast without its cover.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not sure how old this sucker is, I picked it up in the early 90's Still runs good too :)

Pat
Dude that is a cool looking rig. I have never seen a sprayer with slicks,although it may have come with tread initially.Mechanically that thing looks like it would pump drywall mud.Functionally I would hate to have to try and load it w/o ramps.Looks like stainless steel tubing as oppsed to chrome.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No pics yet but I have 2 Spraytech 2155s (aka old Titan 440 without the electronic controls). I have them because they're about the lightest commercial duty sprayer I could find due to lower back and neck issues.

I ran the first for about 3-4 years until the lifetime warranty motor died and just got it back. Bought the second as a replacement until I got the first back. The original is still on its original packings and it's used 5 days a week, nearly every week of the year pushing latex flat and semi through it.

I used to have a very old campbell hausfield diaphragm pump until it blew up when I first started out, then a highboy Magnum X7, a Wagner ProGold and then the Spraytechs...

Jeremy

1 - 20 of 42 Posts