Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Plywood cross pieces are the key- they are not joined for easy storage,nor are the stackable portion or the dowels. I just gathered the concept from the above pic which I found in a Woodsmith magazine article.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I appreciated these photos. I have yet to commit to wearing the hat of a new construction painter and have YET to commit to buying some racks. I have mostly done repaints.

Although, for this last NC job I would paint the trim off work horses. Temporarily store it/dry it off miscelaneous pieces of wood from around the job(even the risers-backside)and lay them out on single gallons....and then stack the following morning with same system but in a room close by....and using pieces of styrofoam packing to use between layers....and this method was pretty handy.

The bricks look sturdy enough-I think the issue would be for me dragging them around, the grit the gets created, and knowing there is probably a better system around.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
I would use this system in a pinch. But honestly, for the quantity shown, I think I would just lay them out on sawhorses. Bricks stacked on edge are tippy, and when I prefinish, I like to see a nice full rack. (That was for you, Wolf).

A stack of bricks in the back of the truck could be handy in the winter though. Meanwhile, I like my lightweight modular and easily portable system.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i use 2x4's cut to 4ft length, then I cut spacer blocks to 4"x4" load and stack, cheap to make works for me, you can stack them about 10 high with no problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts