Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Beautiful! A perfect modern example of how man (and woman), if given the freedom, will stratify themselves even in what begins as an open, artistic, primitive, egalitarian environment. What just naturally evolves, is a predictable loose microcosm of how mankind has always arranged itself based upon a quantifiable set of motives, abilities and motivations. If this type of event were held in the neolithic period, one would expect to see the exact same levels of stratifications ---a sublime reflection of human nature. The neocollectivists will never grasp this basic dictum.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
during my brief stint up in CT Mich an i shared a few words .............Thats a good man right there !! .......funny mofo as well

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Beautiful! A perfect modern example of how man (and woman), if given the freedom, will stratify themselves even in what begins as an open, artistic, primitive, egalitarian environment. What just naturally evolves, is a predictable loose microcosm of how mankind has always arranged itself based upon a quantifiable set of motives, abilities and motivations. If this type of event were held in the neolithic period, one would expect to see the exact same levels of stratifications ---a sublime reflection of human nature. The neocollectivists will never grasp this basic dictum.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

WOW Dan. that's gonna cause me to think . . . . or drink.

Nice one :thumbsup:

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I challenge anyone to seach Ole's 1200 some odd posts and find one usefull legitimate business, product or application contribution to the site.
How did you know I put that question before the staff ? Did Gabe give you his set of homemade keys ???

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
c'mon......admit it.........you gotta itchy trigger finger and am jonesing to use it. :yes:
I admit it !

But we really would like to retain the variety that different personalities bring to the table. All we ask is that everyone follow the precedent of treating fellow PT'ers with respect.

That was the purpose of the post, to remind folks of the guidelines so we won't need to cast anyone adrift in a life boat with Trevor Howard and the damn breadfruit

·
17,818 Posts
Alright I will say it. Ole slow your roll. You were on thin ice right after you got here, you took the warning and settled down and now you are back on the thin ice, it is fine to be argumentative just relax a bit and be respectful, one can make a point without being insulting and or hurtful.

I normally do not give many public warnings and it may be bad etiquette but I think that sometimes a pm can be dismissed.

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
That was the purpose of the post, to remind folks of the guidelines so we won't need to cast anyone adrift in a life boat with Trevor Howard and the damn breadfruit

Trevor Howard.

How many people are old enough to remember him? (besides you...and well..me) And which movie was that? (he had that Cap'n Crunch hat on I think)

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Trevor Howard.

How many people are old enough to remember him? (besides you...and well..me) And which movie was that? (he had that Cap'n Crunch hat on I think)
you got it, Cap'n Bligh in Mutiny on the Bounty. Brando played Fletcher Christian.

Year? Oh damn, 63 - 65 ???

Let me look

wait for it......

DAMN, 1962

and get this: Richard Harris ... Seaman John Mills

I wonder if the cake was in the rain up on the poop deck ?

·
Born To Be Mild
4,956 Posts
DAMN, 1962

and get this: Richard Harris ... Seaman John Mills
Love that about old movies. People that had small or minor parts before they became stars.

Jack Nicholson as the radio man in Mister Roberts.

Robert Duvall as Boo Radley in To Kill A Mockingbird.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Love that about old movies. People that had small or minor parts before they became stars.

Seth Rogen as the bully in Donnie Darko

oh wait, wrong generation :jester:

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)

OH, then you will LOVE the B&W 1960 version of Little Shop Of Horrors.

I had heard it was his first screen appearance. I must find and watch Mister Roberts again to disprove that

21 - 40 of 47 Posts