Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a general contractor in the construction business and I'm looking for some sort of project/resource management software to help me keep track of everything that's going on with several projects. I'd really appreciate what you guys could share. Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sage 100 Contractor is what we use. It's expensive, difficult, and has crappy customer service. But... it's very good for AIA billing and if you put good data in it is amongst the best out there for getting good data/reports out of it. It has a project management tool and scheduling tool built in, and it's your accounting software (primarily). Sage is formerly Peachtree...which is what 95% of accountants use. Tough for most small businesses, but good if you have the ability to run it and your accountant will love it. I hate them/it. Procore is probably what I'm seeing most mid-size generals using right now, however. It's not a fit for us as a subcontractor, but the prime GC's are using it a bunch. Spectrum Construction Suite is another....but honestly I know even less about it than I do the other 2. It's one we briefly looked at when we were in process of "upgrading".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts