Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some poking around looking for some racks that we can dry our shop finished trims and came up empty. Any suggestions, we have tried using scaffold but it just can't hold the volume we need.

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
pwg's link...

door deckers are a must especially for new construction

and those drying racks look real similar to some homemade ones an old friend made...as long as they are sturdy, they look like a great item :thumbsup:

·
speed comes with quality
190 Posts
As far as doors go I've always just ziged zaged them in an open room with stir sticks lightly nailed at the top holding them together.when you say shop finished trim what do you mean? doors,awnings maybe railing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am talking about some doors but mostly trims such as wood base, crown mold, some railings, etc. One of the jobs we are doing now in the shop consists of 4000' of base and 20 pcs 4'x10' cherry plywood. We don't do alot of this work in our shop but when it rains it pours and we have 2 jobs waiting to be done. I am trying to see what is out there to maximize the volume we can do in a small space.

·
Go Cardinals!!!
145 Posts
the 1 thing I learned about using racks is you prolly should start the stack from the top and slide the new pieces under to prevent dropping dirt in wet surfaces:thumbsup:
Hmm, good tip:yes:

·
Contractor
5 Posts
I absolutely love the door deckers! The main two drawbacks though are that by having them laid out flat gives more opportunity for dust, etc. to settle on your finish (especially oil), and you have to have 2 people on site to flip and move them. But even with those "problems", I use them on every job!

·
Registered
224 Posts
ive seen racks in the free painting trade magazine called jobsite....the old compan i worked for use to have a huge sprayroom....we used it moostly for shutters and then cabinets....u can also throw a dropcloth over a fence but u wull stiffen up and ruin ur drop cloths quick...u also risk outside debris blowing in the wind

1 - 14 of 14 Posts