Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new house with a pole barn recently and I want to set up a spray shop in it. My shop size is 24x16x10. Shop has sheet metal and studs. I will need to insulate it, provide heat and clean air ventilation. Also if anyone has pictures of any rack systems they have made or bought that would be great. Pictures of your shop itself would be very helpful. Any products that you use and are happy with...Heat source,kerosene,propane, Exhaust fans, Insulation, general set up. Thanks for your time!:thumbsup:

· 3rd Generation Painter
142 Posts
My drying rack is homemade and consists of 3 4x6 uprights with holes (1 1/8" I think) drilled every 6" along their length. Into these holes, I insert 36" lengths of 3/4" gas pipe and into the gas pipe I insert 40" lengths of 1/2" electrical conduit thereby giving me telescoping arms that will extend out 5 - 5 1/2 feet. I have the uprights anchored well at the ceiling and spaced 6 feet apart between 2 of them and 2 feet apart on the other one to accomodate varying lengths of trim. For really long trim I'll span all 3 arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.