Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading articles on this site for some time now and finally needed to post. Here goes....

I am working on a large warehouse 80,000 sqft that used to be a part manufacturer. SO the walls, columns and corrugated ceiling are covered in grease that I will need to remove. I've used the
"Dumond SafeNEasy Oil and Grease Remover" with a pump sprayer and it worked great in the past. But given the size of the project I was wondering if I can run it through the a spray machine. Anyone have experience with spraying this exact product or something very similiar?

I assume the product will atomize but will it destroy the spray machine?

I am open to any other application methods or products that would work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Out of curiosity has anyone used an airless spray machine for something other than paint?

Right now I'm going to use coat the entire surface w the degreaser and then power was clean?

I am also thinking about using a hot water pressure washer.

·
Banned
3,745 Posts
coatingninja said:
Out of curiosity has anyone used an airless spray machine for something other than paint? Right now I'm going to use coat the entire surface w the degreaser and then power was clean? I am also thinking about using a hot water pressure washer.

Yeh sure
It's just a pump. You can put any liquid through it
It's great for to strip wallpaper instead of a Hudson.
I don't think the degreaser will hurt anything, is it harsh? Or is it akin to .spray 409 or something like that, which is just a dish soap more or less, a little stronger, I'd think it would be fine. One way to find out.

Steam cleaning? I think that is your primo best process for what ur looking at. I never have done it. But I think that is what ur looking for/thinking of.

·
Banned
3,745 Posts
Then I'm thinking, how bad is this grease really? We used to use the ply tile. You know the epoxy, A B reducer.....factories and stuff like what I am picturing, heavy grime yeh you gotta get it off, but lighter you know filth, that stuff whatever it mixes in the filth with itself sticks fine and looks new. Really. I mean it doesn't what ur painting have to be clean enuff to eat off of.

Power washing. Inside. Is a whole logistical mess.

·
Banned
3,745 Posts
One place. Every year we used to work in there. They made the laminate. For vehicles. You know it would be on ur dash or ur panels or whatever, looks like wood. Awe the filth in that joint, from all the chemicals and machines the soot up in the rafters and corrugated. Real heavy, yeh you gotta get it off mostly. But light? That ply tile. By hand tools? Nah no problem. It mixes it up in itself. Looks good, and you know going back there year after year. You saw what you did a few years ago and it was still good, and you know you didn't really clean it. So?

That place. This is their fire suppression system. If the alarm trips. This chemical shoots out. It sucks all of the oxygen out of the whole building, and BTW ur lungs also. Ur dead. That was the fire suppression system. Always did my heart good knowing that when we were there. Haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Oden. Fortunately I got in touch with both my Graco and Titan reps who forwarded me to technicians. I gave them the chemical composition of the product and they said that because of a certain chemical "Sulfer hyrdoblahblahblah" there is a reaction that happens that gets so hot the inner components of the spray machine will melt. THere is a spray machine with the stainless steal components but its $5k. So with that being said my workers better get pumping with the multi-purpose sprayers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts