Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Spraying H&C Sealer on Concrete Driveway with HVLP

11K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  stevesonsiteservices 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Best way that you apply H&C Sealer on Driveways or sidewalks without getting lap lines with HVLP. Looking for inputs. Thanks.

#10 ·
I have used an HVLP Many times but this guy was trying to sell me on it with an H&C sealer product. I know that its a solvent based that dries so fast. So pumping it threw a HVLP would be crazy for me at least. I have heard and seen people doing it that came out with amazing results and also heard nothing but complaints about it from other people. I think a pro could make it look amazing because they know all the specs about HVLP..... perfect tip size, thinning it the right way with xylene, and getting the air pressure and amount of solvent spray right threw the tip. It just is a thing where some people are better than others in different sections of painting. Its just out of my comfort zone.:blink:

#19 ·
Christ thought was for pros have you seen this viscosity of block filler. Second to seal just get a 18" roller and if area is large enough a wheelbarrow to hold lots of material with the xylene based h c sealer thin first coat up to 40% for good penetration then cross roll second coat straight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.