Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a deck to do that is Indonesian red balu Batu. The wood is gorgeous. I am just doing a clear sealer on the wood but plan to seal it on all 6 sides after some research. To do this I'd like to make sure the moisture content is not too high but do not know what it should be for that exotic wood species up here in the Pacific Northwest. Anyone have experience with this wood?

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe
4,508 Posts
I have a deck to do that is Indonesian red balu Batu. The wood is gorgeous. I am just doing a clear sealer on the wood but plan to seal it on all 6 sides after some research. To do this I'd like to make sure the moisture content is not too high but do not know what it should be for that exotic wood species up here in the Pacific Northwest. Anyone have experience with this wood?

Thanks in advance for the info.
I don't. Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'd like to build something large like a deck or a room or a book case entirely in a wood named cocobolo. I've built a couple small pieces with it. When you cut it or sand on it, the smell, it's just awesome. If you have never seen it, it's worth it to buy a small piece from somewhere and see what I am talking about. Beautiful wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts