Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a new interior painting business for the summer and need some help. I am trying to figure out the prices of my competition however it is hard to determine what prices they charge without a painter coming over and estimating the room. Is there any way I could figure this out? Also I need a competitive advantage would anyone like to share? :icon_lol: Thanks for the help.

· PinheadsUnite
30,726 Posts
I am starting a new interior painting business for the summer and need some help. I am trying to figure out the prices of my competition however it is hard to determine what prices they charge without a painter coming over and estimating the room. Is there any way I could figure this out? Also I need a competitive advantage would anyone like to share? :icon_lol: Thanks for the help.
Thank you for your participation on PaintTalk.com. The site welcomes the exchanges of information that helps each contractor develop methods to price out an item or a job. That is, how to consider overhead, production rate, and all other influences that will affect pricing.

However, straight “how much should I charge” or even “how much do others charge” for an item or a job is strongly discouraged. We all have vastly different pricing structures based on our markets, pay scales, profits, overhead, and a myriad of other factors. Simply put, it is impossible for one contractor to tell another how much he or she should price any item or job.

Also, we must be sensitive to the possible legal issues (price fixing) when contractors share exact pricing amongst themselves.

Please read through Pricing, Estimating, and Success for some excellent help on how to price your work.

This thread will remain open for as long as specific pricing is not discussed.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

· Delco, Pa
1,176 Posts
Seriously? Google what tools a painter should have.

IMO if you don't know the answer, you should try to get a job with a painting company and learn the basics.
There is alot to learn before you can legitimately be a professional painter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.