Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been mostly painting with airless sprayer, graco x7 but recently got fuji semi pro (2 stage turbune) and was wondering which paint would be ideal to use this unit with. Wanted to try out pigmented 2k milesi hkr 114, or renner 688, or cic but heard you'd at least need 4 stages turbine units? What are good paint sprayer to shoot those coatings whether hvlp, or aaa, airless?
Any helpful advice would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I would only use a stage two for spray tanning.

If you're going to spray the types of coatings you mentioned, you'll need to research for yourself. There isn't one answer and many factors come into play.

As suggested in your other thread, being so new to trade, work for someone else and learn and find out if this career choice is something you want.

·
Administrator
21,934 Posts
Books could be written about the different products available and what spray system type is best. And even then, there would be many disagreeing with the conclusions.
Thepm4 is right about a stage two not being a choice for pretty much anything out there. Even stage 4 turbines will often struggle unless many products are thinned excessively - sometimes to the point of affecting the integrity of the product.
My short answer to your question, and again, others will have other thoughts about this, is as a beginner, a decent, used Graco 395 with a selection of tips would be a fairly good way for someone relatively new to the trade to start out with. I have one and used it to pretty much spray anything with nice results though it does take practice and experimentation to develop your techniques as well as what tips work best for what you are trying to spray. Wish I could be more specific and encouraging with my advice but as thepm4 and I have stated, this is a big subject with many variables. Perhaps others will weigh in.

Reactions: thepm4
1 - 3 of 3 Posts