Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so a bunch of you know I'm an SW guy about 90% of the time.

Been using a 4" Corona Toledo that I've had for a while and I honestly love the brush. Had my guy painting with a 4" SW contractor's series brush, that I picked up, trying to save a buck or 2. I wanted to try the brush out to see how it was compared to the Toledo and I was definitely suprised....JUNK. The brush holds NO paint, probably half the Toledo. I told him along with the 2 fives of Cabot stain that he is picking up in the a.m., to pick up a Toledo for himself

I kid you not, I was at about half speed painting with the SW brush. He's slow as it is, I can only imagine how long he'd be there with that crap brush.

So as far as 4" brushes go...

SW 0 Corona 1

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
I am curious on who actually makes SW brushes, I know that BM's labeled stuff is or was at one time from Wooster.

Did you compare the bristle type to make sure you where comparing apples to apples?

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
It's interesting when you get to do the side by side isn't it

I had the same situation last year
I'll never buy a SWP "Contractor's" brush ever again

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
Interesting, Rubberset makes a line of brushes under the name "Hand Crafted" they are sold here in the Chicago area at Menards a big box retailer in the lines of HD and Lowes. They were not bad brushes as I bough on ein a pinch once when I had all my other brushes wrapped and forgot to clean over a weekend once :)

I would be curious to see if those are the same as Sw contractors, as I do not use Sw I am not familiar with there brushes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts