Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Go Cardinals!!!
145 Posts
I get mine locally, shirts and printing runs me right at 10$ a shirt.

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
I too get my shirts locally. Small company who does my signage and shirts. They have no minimum order requirements, so I can order 1 shirt or 1000. I suggest finding a shop like that and sticking with them because your prices will probably go down, since they'll appreciate your loyalty. I am able to get shirts for about $10 per as well.

Research before considering any online ordering-it's just risky...I've heard too many stories.

Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, now I feel pretty stupid going with a local company at $20/shirt!

What I found in my research is that most franchised stores are more expensive--they have minimums to worry about and their franchise fees.

I went local, and yeah, $20 ea was the best I found around here. Everyone else wanted $30-$50 each!

I found someone who used digital printing, as we're a painting company so let's face it: the shirts are going to get abused. Digital printing is much, much cheaper than silkscreen! Or embroidering. Find a local digital printer with no minimums (I bought 6 shirts).

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
apples to apples

Ok...lets make sure we are comparing apples to apples here

-My shirts are very plain (on purpose)

-Gray w/maroon writing on front and back (1 color)

-Lettering is vinyl, not embroidered

James, if this is similar to what you ordered $30-50 is completely outrageous...but something tells me this isn't the type you ordered

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I just ordered some shirts online and paid $7/each.
The shirts were 5 colors printed on one side, free setup, free shipping, and the T-Shirt is nice and thick.

The min order was 24 shirts to get this price but I got 28 for an upcoming promotion. I "THINK" one color would have been $4 or $5 each.

Here's the shirt (just got it in).

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
nice shirts nathan...great price too

btw...who came up with the paint talk logo? just curious

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have a friend who does most of my web logos for me. He's done the logos for ContractorTalkcom, PaintTalk.com, WoodworkingTalk.com, ElectricianTalk.com, CleaningTalk.com and a few other projects.

He has a full time job though with a bank and doesn't do much side work... it's hard for me to get on his calendar sometimes. When I do hire him I pay about $80/hr for his work.

·
FT painter/FT dad
1,254 Posts
I'd be clearing my schedule for you anytime at that price :whistling2:

oh wait...I suck at art :(

lol

·
Rock On
2,451 Posts
My local t-shirt company is about the same
Around $7.50 for something like what Nathan has pictured
Min 24
Less for one color

$20 each is ridiculous

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
No problem. If you order tell then that I sent you. Maybe next time we order T-Shirts they will give us a discount or something ... worth a try.

THanks.

·
17,849 Posts
He is making a proof. I mentioned your name and he said thanks, and that he enjoyed working on your order. So next time you reorder maybe you can get a few bucks knocked off.
Yeah free shipping will save some gas.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
He is making a proof. I mentioned your name and he said thanks, and that he enjoyed working on your order. So next time you reorder maybe you can get a few bucks knocked off.
Yeah free shipping will save some gas.
Let me know how they turn out for you. I hope they turn out as well for you as they did for me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey here is a link to a promotional companies website called EZ Promotions. They can have whatever you want made for a very reasonable price, t-shirts, mugs,pens, etc. Tell them Shane From Final Touch Painting referred you and they should give you some sort of discount. Very close family friend of mine. They can ship anywhere.

http://www.ezpromotions.net/

Thanks,
Shane

1 - 20 of 29 Posts