Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never used a actual form for my residential estimates....nut seeing some stuff in another post has gotten me interested.....

I have one i down loaded off some where but it has alot of useless stuff on it

Any one have some forms they wouldnt mind sharing ?

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts
Ive never used a actual form for my residential estimates....nut seeing some stuff in another post has gotten me interested.....

I have one i down loaded off some where but it has alot of useless stuff on it

Any one have some forms they wouldnt mind sharing ?

bbbbbbbut, you don't do residential, no money to be made there, right???:rolleyes:

but I guess you save a lot by not sanding anything:whistling2:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exactly do you mean by "takeoff form?"
Some kind of excel style sheet for when I do a walk thru and jot paint and hours down....to prepare my estimate...but more organized....I've seen some on here but its just way too much information on them...but I'm not good with excel and don't have the time...its probably something I need to work on myself....

·
Super Moderator
6,462 Posts
Some kind of excel style sheet for when I do a walk thru and jot paint and hours down....to prepare my estimate...but more organized....I've seen some on here but its just way too much information on them...but I'm not good with excel and don't have the time...its probably something I need to work on myself....
Yes, probably. I've seen a ton of them too, but nothing fit what I wanted. So I took from those what I wanted, and added my own stuff. It took awhile just messing around with excel to see what it could/couldn't do. I use one for murals now mostly.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, probably. I've seen a ton of them too, but nothing fit what I wanted. So I took from those what I wanted, and added my own stuff. It took awhile just messing around with excel to see what it could/couldn't do. I use one for murals now mostly.
I'd just like to be more organized and consistent...I just jot stuff down randomly and some times it gets hard on bigger jobs.....but like I've said before I have no formula for exteriors...I just walk around a choose a number that fits....I know what paint normally is so its pretty simple...but I've been looking at bigger more complec jobs where this kind of sheet would help..

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
How difficult can an estimating form be? Even on a super burrito wrapper, anyone can write:

-Date
-Address
-Name/number
-Description of work

-Interior/exterior
-Wall sf
-Ceiling sf
-Doors/casings/type
-Windows/sills/type
-Crown molding LF
-Base boards LF

A couple of pics during the walk through to help identify particular details, and wallah!, you're ready to submit an estimate. Just don't submit the burrito wrapper.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
richmondpainting said:
I'd just like to be more organized and consistent...I just jot stuff down randomly and some times it gets hard on bigger jobs.....but like I've said before I have no formula for exteriors...I just walk around a choose a number that fits....I know what paint normally is so its pretty simple...but I've been looking at bigger more complec jobs where this kind of sheet would help..
Excel is not hard this is a great program short money plus you can print out take off forms work sheets etc... http://youtu.be/2Ogl1MWJ1OQ

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excel is not hard this is a great program short money plus you can print out take off forms work sheets etc... http://youtu.be/2Ogl1MWJ1OQ
Seems pretty cool....seems like something for after the initial visit...I'm looking for something I can write notes on in the field as I'm talking to the customer....it also seems good for someone who isn't in the field painting....organized but too time consuming for some one like myself who is pulled in a hundred different directions and doesn't stop much....thanks tho...much appreciated...

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think this is a good starter product for you. Not to techy, just the right amount of "hey look at me HO, I know what I'm doing, trust me..."

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Perforated-Writing-Pad-8-1-2-inch-x-11-3-4/product_SS1080594

PS: Canary yellow is the shizz
But its not something I can print out an jot notes on or could I?

I just wanna have spots for paint, labor hours and what surfaces are included and excluded...owner info and special notes....

Wow...sounds simple now....maybe I should try making my own sheet now that I'm really thinking about it...

·
Registered
2,050 Posts

I just wanna have spots for paint, labor hours and what surfaces are included and excluded...owner info and special notes....

Wow...sounds simple now....maybe I should try making my own sheet now that I'm really thinking about it...
WOW, if I only had the words.

·
Time Traveler
1,624 Posts

I'm about to redo mine with Photoshop since I hate my Printmaster.

My current form doesn't have enough room on the lines for longer names and addresses.

Also I have spaces that I don't use very often and could put that information in the notes area below.

Write a list of everything that you want to have on the form before you start to place your graph lines.

Hand draw it first for a rough draft.

:cowboy:

·
very senior member
9,848 Posts

Wow...sounds simple now....maybe I should try making my own sheet now that I'm really thinking about it...[/QUOTE]

thinking to hard can be dangerous

1 - 20 of 29 Posts