Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know from all of you out there which brand of Caulking you all prefer to use!

We are a central Florida Benjamin Moore Dealer and we are looking to "up" are inventory and get those products in you like!!!!

We currently only carry the Benjamin Moore Caulking and we are having some issues with it, with a few contractors that is!

Tell me what you like for interior as well as exterior!!!

I greatly appreciate your input! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Painter
2,036 Posts
Huh... I wonder how many FL painters on this board are in your area....

I could tell you what I like, but it won't do ya any good.... :whistling2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any input would be great!

We know what we like and are used to using! But every-one professional has their own opinion of what they see as the "best"! This is what I am trying to figure out! We know we can't please everyone, but we can do our damnest to try!!! :yes:

·
17,849 Posts
ICI's Elastomeric 55yr
I also like to use PPG's top gun 250 quick dry caulk.
I have actually been using PPG's top gun 300 a bit lately also.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm pretty ok w/ Big Stretch for both int + ext., although I wish it were cheaper. Everyone in this area loves Magnum by Duron- but that doesn't help you too much :(. Magnum always perfoms well regardless of temperature or how long the tube has been opened.

I've only tried BM's caulking once and was not happy with it. This was a long time ago though. I tried a few tubes and the caulking wouldn't stop creepin' on me despite which gun I was using. That damn creepin' caulk :mad:

·
The Lurker
3,514 Posts
INT - 40 yr Poly seam seal (30 minute paintable)
EXT - 40 yr Poly seam seal for small stuff Vulkem 116 for larger stuff

btw - I have never had good luck with BM caulk.. its red devil junk :)

·
Super Moderator
9,504 Posts
I have been using Red Devil Paint Master lately, the urethane lifetime stuff inside. I used to use White Lightening Pro-Duty, but they stopped making it, so I needed to find a new product.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Top Gun 200 for general caulking
Top Gun 250 when you need it to dry quick
Syroflex Duo-Sil for exteriors, crown molding, expansion joints, or caulking to brick, and any time you just need a top of the line caulk.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
SW anything for everywhere, unless I need some pure awesome in a tube then I go with the Duo~Sil.
That there is some amazingly expensive yet well spent money right there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts