Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I love spraying texture!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am Ari, I own a professional texture company and popcorn removal company in Longwood, Fl which is just north of Orlando. We also do painting as well. We have been in business since 2005 and i have over 11 years of experience in the texture industry, so i have seen alot of mistakes made over time from untrained professionals. We are licensed and insured. I can be quite critical at times so if you see a post and its very negative, don't take it personal, just take it from a professional to professional point of view.

If you have texture questions i can always answer them and i figure since this is a painting forum, you guys run into your share of drywall mess.

·
A Brush Above
4,669 Posts
I raged against you too on the orange peel thread. :whistling2:

Seriously though, I am all for a little schooling on random texture patterns as they pop up... You texture guys change your minds about what to throw on a wall every few years or so. :yes:

Greetings from Texas, home of the 1000 ways to do roll texture and hard as heck to match....

·
I love spraying texture!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I raged against you too on the orange peel thread. :whistling2:

Seriously though, I am all for a little schooling on random texture patterns as they pop up... You texture guys change your minds about what to throw on a wall every few years or so. :yes:

Greetings from Texas, home of the 1000 ways to do roll texture and hard as heck to match....

Ill do my best to tell you what can be done but texture as you know is very hard.

It has to do with pressure, material type and thickness, and air flow restrictions.

most hand held hoppers use rounded tips, the best ones ive seen are the triggers that have the round wheel that spins to give you differnent settings.

The bigger greycos can come darn close for orange peel and i have had good success at spraying orange peel with mine, only over new drywall and never existing stuff.

The big machines work best simply because we use a completely different tip and can make the mud really thck or thin without having it run down a wall.

Ill try and take pictures sometime, but our tips for texture and spraying orange peel are similar to a paint tip in a way. it is a thin line, just on a larger scale so you can get a good fan. the hand helds are just a round hole. they work ok if you can give a quick spurt and not let it get to clumped up.

I would have to show pictures to make it more understandable.

I will say i love my power roller on my paint machine for doing walls, that thing takes no time and avoids dipping.

·
I love spraying texture!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome.

Texture. Do you tape too or just texture?
I assume you mean drywall finishing as we call it in orlando.

I "can" tape, i am not the greatest at it. I have been learning from a guy that does it real well. And i am getting better and better at it. I can say being a professional texture, i know what a real taping job is supposed to look like and what an amateur job looks like. I just have trouble myself with getting it just right, but my last couple of taping jobs have turned out 100 times better and faster then what i used to do. i just needed a little more guidance than trying to teach myself. We also do light hanging.

Since the economy tanked i have had to find other means to make money. I used to spray 5 brand new houses a day. plus doing timeshares or apartments. Every builder wants something different and fast. so if you have a taping question. i may be able to answer it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts