Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
I think the new sponsored post strategy could be in response to the fact that just about everyone here byotched about ads and proclaimed their love for ad blockers.

Now, its in the actual content.

If you don't like it, don't let the screen door hit you in the ace!

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I click on them once a day just to see if anything has changed.
has any content changed ?

The first time I saw one, I unknowingly clicked and read. I was going to report as spam, but no report button. That's when I looked a little more closely and saw the "sponsored post" nomenclature. I am now entertained by the way they shape shift.

I admit, I have come close to clicking a new title, but have caught myself. Now that I am aware, I look at the source.

It's an interesting little app that someone has written for vBulletin. An advertiser (that has NOTHING to do with painting - Brother and Maytag) submits multiple posts and the software rotates them through each subsection.

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Of course not they are closed sponsored posts. :jester:
didn't see that.

OH WAIT, a new one just popped up: "4 things that keep your family safe on the road…not what you think." by Nitto Tire

great example of target marketing :no: :no: :rolleyes:

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
I'm guessing the reason why the Mods can't see them is that they would be deleted as spam. (I know I would.)

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm guessing the reason why the Mods can't see them is that they would be deleted as spam. (I know I would.)
Yup, that's what I figure too. Clever monkeys these code writers are.

·
Retired Moderator
10,323 Posts
Yep. Nathan sold to a big corporation. It's all about the money now. PT Facebook and apps.....nothing more than a chance to put more ads in front of you. Which is why I'm not particularly buying trying to make PT a more user friendly place. Add to it the lack of support, (remember? lol), and PT just ain't what it used to be. Then again, neither is my participation.....

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've been having issues lately with a few corporate giants

Intuit
Micro$not
Verizon

It reminds me of the time when the consumer drove technological advances, now it's the other way around

I am afraid, my friends, that we are witnessing the sunset of personal technology's Golden Years.

It's all down hill from here.

1984 came a little late.

we are officially the sheep being herded into the corporate coffers

·
17,818 Posts
Yep. Nathan sold to a big corporation. It's all about the money now. PT Facebook and apps.....nothing more than a chance to put more ads in front of you. Which is why I'm not particularly buying trying to make PT a more user friendly place. Add to it the lack of support, (remember? lol), and PT just ain't what it used to be. Then again, neither is my participation.....
Just as long as it is family friendly, then user friendly is unimportant. :rolleyes:

·
PinheadsUnite
30,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nothing says user friendly like banning ****e, ****ounce, ****to, ****g, ****ghorn, and ****oun.
why stop there?

a****
a****ed
a****ing
a****s
cu****ickel
cu****ickels
i****iazid
i****iazids
mis****ounce
mis****ounced
mis****ounces